Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 1 Apr 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Mobile

I will take on board the advice of looking at prices for ocean view and I side cabins for the 5 of us to see what that looks like. It will have to be a massive saving though to tempt me as I have so many lovely memories of eating breakfast on Balconies that I may be too blinkered to see past it 😂
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Mobile

Just thinking out loud... if I was to leave it until about 6 months before sis it likely there will be availability on these 3 night cruises end July 2020?
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
We booked a week before our DCL cruise last August! It was a 3 night from Port Canaveral and we got a family room with verandah... Not sure we paid less through doing that but there was reasonable availability... Only thing is it was mid August so possibly better availability and prices because some US schools would have gone back... Sorry - not sure if that helped or not...
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
We booked a week before our DCL cruise last August! It was a 3 night from Port Canaveral and we got a family room with verandah... Not sure we paid less through doing that but there was reasonable availability... Only thing is it was mid August so possibly better availability and prices because some US schools would have gone back... Sorry - not sure if that helped or not...
Thank you. It does help and I know there are no guarantees. Just not sure I want to commit to an outlay this early on top of three weeks in Orlando.

Just read my posts back which sound a bit anti DCL and that I’m calling them a rip off 😂 I’m obviously not as the idea of taking the kids on a short one is really growing momentum in my daft head 😂
I just don’t think the ships look as impressive as some of the larger RCI ships and we always had immaculate service and food on those. I do like the idea of Disney characters for the kids and a friend of mine who has been regularly on RCI a number of times reckons they are mo longer the premium product they were when I was going on them... I think I spend too much of my life in a quandary thinking about holidays 🤔
*edit* I feel I may be losing another part of my life returning to cruisecritic where I haven’t been for years... is that like swearing on here?😂

Edited at 02:40 PM.
Old 1 Apr 19, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
Thank you. It does help and I know there are no guarantees. Just not sure I want to commit to an outlay this early on top of three weeks in Orlando.

Just read my posts back which sound a bit anti DCL and that I’m calling them a rip off 😂 I’m obviously not as the idea of taking the kids on a short one is really growing momentum in my daft head 😂
I just don’t think the ships look as impressive as some of the larger RCI ships and we always had immaculate service and food on those. I do like the idea of Disney characters for the kids and a friend of mine who has been regularly on RCI a number of times reckons they are mo longer the premium product they were when I was going on them... I think I spend too much of my life in a quandary thinking about holidays 🤔
Completely understand - also spend a LOT of time planning holidays! Our cruise last year was a very last minute idea by DH. Usually I would have booked at release date so was very nervous about how last minute it was! I have not been on any other cruise line but we do love DCL and the fantastic stop at Castaway Cay. Our first DCL cruise was on the Magic in a port hole room for a week in Europe. Also amazing so would look at all room options and date options! Enjoy the planning - we're also out there next July/Aug and have booked a 4 night cruise!
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 19, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

So the family room for the 5 of us with verandah works out about £4.6k on the DCL site and 2 inside interconnecting cabins works out about £4.7K
Old 1 Apr 19, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

So the family room for the 5 of us with verandah works out about £4.6k on the DCL site and 2 inside interconnecting cabins works out about £4.7K
Did you compare with RC or are you set on Disney?
Old 1 Apr 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ciano View Post
Did you compare with RC or are you set on Disney?
I have done a quote online and it looks like £3.8k for interconnecting balcony cabins on the Mariner so I think I was just out of touch with cruise prices and have overbred 😂.
Have had a quote for the Disney one at £4.4k at the current MasterCard rate from a US agent.
I have realised though that our dates appear to be the most expensive ones of the lot.

Edited at 08:25 PM.
Old 1 Apr 19, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I have done a quote online and it looks like £3.8k for interconnecting balcony cabins on the Mariner so I think I was just out of touch with cruise prices and have overbred 😂.
Have had a quote for the Disney one at £4.4k at the current MasterCard rate from a US agent.
I have realised though that our dates appear to be the most expensive ones of the lot.
Either way a lot of money for 4 days!
Old 1 Apr 19, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ciano View Post
Either way a lot of money for 4 days!
Yeah it is. I’d made my mind up about three hours ago to book one of them and was just trying to decide dcl or rci... spent the afternoon reading upon both... my wallet was next to me ready to pull the trigger.

Now I’ve changed my mind and decided it’s too much extra to add on to our 2020 trip.

It could be all change again by the time I’ve slept on it again. I drive my Wife completely mad 😂

Edited at 10:45 PM.