Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 26 Apr 19, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tinker82 View Post
I really enjoyed the whole film & thought it was brilliantly done

Fat Thor was hilarious but I thought he would have got his six pack back before the end!

Professor Hulk was a bit weird & I'm surprised Banner experimented on himself to merge the 2.

Sad that Nat had to go too but glad Clint got his family back.

I cried for Tony & his family - such a shame for him to go when he had developed so much as a character.

Very confused about Cap - I'm glad he got to live his life with Peggy but at what cost? How did he alter the timeline by living in the past & how is he old - I thought he couldn't age?

Also, where did Valcories horse appear from?
He ages now but he was froze for 70 years, so he will be ageing regardless of “when” he lived.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
scruffycharlie
Apprentice Imagineer

Ironman and Captain America were always my favourite, sad to see Ironman die but happy Cap got his happy ending. I think Thor was my favourite in this movie I loved what they did with him.
scruffycharlie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
damaged
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Loved it! Didn’t feel like three hours.

So much sobbing, clapping and general cheering in the cinema. I was sad goose didn’t make an appearance! 😂
Upcoming: Feb 24' - Hubby's 40th
damaged is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Kpzorse
Excited about Disney

Kpzorse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Great movie. The last hour was just stunning.
I did however feel kinda bored for the first 90 minutes though, I understand why of course, but did think it was a lot of filler, no killer. Plenty of opportunities for pee breaks during that first half! lol.

I am sad that Bucky didn't get to speak to Cap at the end though. Thought that was a lot of wasted character development built up from the first 3 Captain America movies.

Sept '18 - POFQ, March '18- AKL, DLP Feb '18- Cheyenne, Sept '16- POR, Feb '15- CBR
Kpzorse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
liz-paul
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I loved it! However DH wasn't convinced (he had a bad day though so maybe just wasn't in the mood) and 2 kids thought it was good but not great. Be interesting to see what we think once it's out on sky movies and subjected to repeat viewings.

I thought it was a satisfying conclusion to so many character arcs. I was sad about Tony but it felt sort of inevitable. Obviously it would have been nice if no one had died but it did add realism (as much as you can for a fantasy, superhero movie).

Fat Thor: as well as being quite funny I found this very moving as it showed an incredibly strong character going past breaking point. Overall I thought the movie depicted real things such as ptsd, alcoholism, depression etc very well and without making the movie depressing.

Captain America: whilst I felt it was entirely appropriate for the character to relive his life I can't pretend I wasn't disappointed that he won't continue the life has had. My son suggested that when he went back in time to marry Peggy Carter that he kept his identity hidden from other people and was coexisting with his defrosted self in modern times. Not sure if I've explained that properly 🤔 all we ever learn in earlier movies is that cap saved many men including the man she married, well maybe she was referring to himself but discreetly so nobody knew? This would prevent too much change occurring due to time travel?

Best moments: Cap using Thor's hammer. 'Females assemble'. Peter parker and Tony hugging it out.

Disappointnents: gamora and quill. I love them and want them back together!
liz-paul is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Shell
Imagineer

Mobile

I can almost guarantee that GOTG vol. 3 will be some kind of search for Gamora so I wouldn't worry so much!
Orlando & Bahamas 1992 - Orlando 1998 - Orlando 1999 - Orlando 2000 - Polynesian Resort - Orlando 2000 - Orlando 2001 - Orlando 2003 - Kissimmee Villa - Orlando 2005 - Christmas - Orlando 2010 - Orlando 2011 - Port Orleans Riverside - Orlando 2012 - Disney Coronado Springs - HHN - Orlando & Hollywood 2014 - Orlando 2016- Disney's Coronado Springs and Universal's Cabana Bay Honeymoon 2017 - Disney's Port Orleans Riverside
Miss_Shell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
We all loved it, though DH couldn't get his head around Hulk like other posters, what I found more strange was that he suddenly had a sense of humour, but I liked that
Thor's one who doesn't do anything for me anyway So him being fat didn't bother me & I thought he was so funny with it
I didn't know who I wanted to win in the Black Widow/Hawkeye fight Though at least we have the Black Widow prequel to look forward to
The *WOOHHH* that went round the cinema when Cap picked up Thors hammer
Loved the *Girl Power* bit
I was surprised that Cap didn't give Bucky the shield, but of course DS wasn't as he has read the comics and informed us that both have been Captain America so he could have given it to either
Sad about Ironman but as RDJ had said he didn't want to do anymore kind of knew it was coming
Also loved how they slipped the Stan Lee cameo in
It didn't feel like 3 hours and we were all happy with the ending

Edited at 08:44 PM.
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I finally have a body like Thor.

I loved it 3000. So many great bits, revisiting past movies. The elevator scene and “Hail Hydra”. Loki escaping. Cap fighting Cap “I can do this all day” “Yeah, I know, I know”. Tony meeting his dad. The original Ant Man helmet. Jarvis. Korg. And it was great to see Stan “Nuff Said” Lee one final time.

Plus Thor wielding both Mjolnir and Stormbreaker. Worthy Cap picking up Mjolnir. Scarlet Witch taking on Thanos. “On your left”. “Avengers Assemble!” Giant Man punching a space whale.

And, of course, poor Nat. Poor Tony, although he died as a hero, saving the world. And a wonderfully happy ending for Cap. He got to go back and have that dance with Peggy he promised. A nice nod to “Old Man” Steve Rogers from the comic books - which was also when he handed over the shield to Sam.

As others have said, this was like a 22 episode season of an American tv show with Endgame as the big season finale. And what a finale!

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
I was surprised that Cap didn't give Bucky the shield, but of course DS wasn't as he has read the comics and informed us that both have been Captain America so he could have given it to either
It’s true that in the comic books both Sam and Bucky have been Captain America. However, the only time Steve handed over the shield to someone else to replace him was to Sam (whilst was also when Steve had become old). Bucky only became Cap after Steve appeared to “die”.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 19, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I do have some questions though...

Thanos and his Black Order came forward from the time of GOTG Vol 1 and have now been turned to dust. Does that mean the events of Infinity War can no longer happen?

If Loki escaped with the Tesseract in 2012, does that mean the Tesseract cannot be used by Thanos and Loki was imprisoned on Asgard and wouldn’t have killed Odin?

Thor severely wounded Thanos with Stormbreaker at the end of Infinity War even though Thanos had a complete Infinity Gauntlet. Why couldn’t he do much damage to a gauntletless Thanos with both Stormbreaker and Mjolnir?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~