Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 9 May 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Nickynoonoo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Poncho’s

Just over two weeks to go guys 😁 getting the last few bits together now and looking for some advice on ponchos.

I can’t remember what I did in previous years, probably paid a small fortune in the parks for them. Was thinking this time about buying in advance but all I can find on Amazon are those really cheap £1 ones which don’t do too much or very expensive ones used for fishing etc.

Where and what do you normally buy?

June 05 - Villa in Kisseme
March 06 - Enclave Suites (I Drive)
April 08 - Homewood Suites (I Drive)
April 10 - Quality Inn Plaza (I Drive)
Nickynoonoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs-Weasley
Very Serious Dibber

I'd like to know this also.
Mrs-Weasley is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Forest32
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I’ve bought mine from Home Bargains in the camping section. They were £1.99 for 2. We used them last year and they worked well!
Forest32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

We bought some out there on our first trip - a full on rainy day at Busch Gardens, we have not needed any on other trips -

to be honest it is footwear that gets very wet and needs thinking about, especially for children.

We stay in a shop, go to eat, get in line for a show or indoor ride if it is a shower type of rain and would buy something only if the rain was set in for the day.
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

If you buy a Disney poncho in Disney they will replace it for free if it gets torn or mouldy.
Old 9 May 19, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

We were in home bargains yesterday for the small cabin size bottles, and saw the ponchos there.

But we didn’t buy. Used to use them, now we just get wet if it rains. It’s a great way to cool down in the mid afternoon heat. Also would never ever use them on a wet ride. The ride is there so you get wet
PPM is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyFoodie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We get the £1 ones so we can just tear and chuck when rain stops. I don’t want to be carrying wet ponchos in my park bag!
DisneyFoodie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
k1971
Excited about Disney

I'm a sucker for the Authentic Disney Poncho. I miss the 'sea of yellow' when it rains
k1971 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Nickynoonoo
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks for the replies 😁

We aren't doing Disney this trip, universal & DC, Seaworld, BG etc. Instead

I’m happy to get wet on the rides, but wanted something for emergencies should the heavens really open when we are out and not near shelter. I might just buy the £1 ones then. Thanks x
Nickynoonoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Please think about single use plastic - would at least reuse or repurpose later.

we always use our Bush gardens ones (bit heavier than single use, but same principle) to wrap our luggage inside the suitcase after experiencing sopping wet clothing due to a thunderstorm on arrival one year - where they left the open carts in the rain for operator safety til the lightening passed .
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List