Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 10 May 19, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Aww this thread has me watching you tube...

Still standing

Kiss the bride

Nikita

Guess that's why they call it the blues

Benny and the jets
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Apparently this is meant to be a bit of an odd film, not a straight biopic but with dream like fantasy sequences, so I read anyway. I hear though despite this it has had good feedback at screenings so will be interesting to see how it pans out. Has Dexter Fletcher directing who finished off Bohemian Rhapsody.

Edited at 12:32 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 07:16 AM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Does anyone else think it’s a bit strange that they’ve made this film while Elton’s still alive? I’m not sure how much he had to do with it- not much, I expect, based on the usual reactions from friends and family when a biopic is released. Green Book and Tolkien are two recent examples.
Still, it seems a bit aggrandising to me.
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
littlelish0544
Imagineer

Mobile

I love Elton Johns music, but I'm not sure about this film at all, not sure why!?... maybe because I saw the preview when I was at cinema to see bo rap, I remember thinking I hope this doesn't mean we are going to get a sudden influx of churned out bio pics, isnt there a bowie one coming too? ,I'm sure I read it doesn't have any of his music featured? That would be a crying shame, I love Bowie more than Elton... dont think I'll be going to the cinema for either, wait till I can watch at home.
Old 11 May 19, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by StorybookCircus View Post
Does anyone else think it’s a bit strange that they’ve made this film while Elton’s still alive? I’m not sure how much he had to do with it- not much, I expect, based on the usual reactions from friends and family when a biopic is released. Green Book and Tolkien are two recent examples.
Still, it seems a bit aggrandising to me.
From what I have read the filmmakers are making it clear it is not a biopic. Both Elton John and Bernie Taupin have had a lot of involvement in the films making.
I would say it is perfectly timed for his tour !
We will be going to see it as soon as it is released as husband is a big fan. Saw him at Ewood Park and felt a bit sorry for him as he was shuffling around the stage like an old man. I do wish we had seen him when he was in his prime. Hope he manages this tour.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Mobile

I grew up with his music being forced down my throat as my older brother was a bit of a saddo super fan, new single on repeat on the record player every release.

He was in the front row of every concert, appearance & every Watford game, Elton actually started recognizing him.

Now that I’ve had 30+ years to recover from that, I’ve discovered that I quite like his music & am excited to see this film!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Segdude
Very Serious Dibber

Segdude's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I was thinking about going but as we fly out next month and back in July I figured there's an outside chance it'll be on the plane. Not sure how the new movie - airline timing works.

Y'all take care
Nick
Segdude is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Nope, not for me... I personally think Elton is vile.
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Hollyhobbit
Excited about Disney

I have not seen Elton live but in 2009 he played at Gloucestershire county cricket ground which is in Bristol. Its a very hilly city and we live about a mile away up hill. On the night sound carried really well and we sat on our doorstep as did most neighbours with a glass of wine listening to Rocket man it was great.
Hollyhobbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
Nope, not for me... I personally think Elton is vile.
?

Disney332