Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 4 Aug 19, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
sigur
Having Dinner with Goofy

Thought I'd update this.

The trip was a blast. We visited a number of places for the first time. Quebec and Maine were our highlights but all the stops were great.
The DIBB tip of picking up the car in Stamford was brilliant. It was good to get away from the crazyiness of Manhattan to start our drive.
The drive in general was enjoyable even though we did around 2500 miles over the trip.

The big issue facing us now is what do we do next. We thought it would be Mexico or Florida in 2020 but we really enjoyed seeing somewhere new every few days so we're wondering if another USA road trip could be an option..

neilhd - Many thanks for you input.
sigur is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sigur View Post
Thought I'd update this.

The trip was a blast. We visited a number of places for the first time. Quebec and Maine were our highlights but all the stops were great.
The DIBB tip of picking up the car in Stamford was brilliant. It was good to get away from the crazyiness of Manhattan to start our drive.
The drive in general was enjoyable even though we did around 2500 miles over the trip.

The big issue facing us now is what do we do next. We thought it would be Mexico or Florida in 2020 but we really enjoyed seeing somewhere new every few days so we're wondering if another USA road trip could be an option..

Glad you had an amazing time and thanks for updating us. I think I would like to visit Quebec so a possibility for the future. We have been to Maine and loved it. I also like to see new places. What about west coast? Or have you been?
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Thought I'd update this.

Glad you had an amazing time!

After our first similar road trip we came back and booked flights for another one within about 3 weeks of getting back!
Old 5 Aug 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
Glad you had an amazing time!

After our first similar road trip we came back and booked flights for another one within about 3 weeks of getting back!
I remember your trip reports Neil and your poorly knee and Jess's boyfriend being sick. Hope everything is ok now.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
I remember your trip reports Neil and your poorly knee and Jess's boyfriend being sick. Hope everything is ok now.
Thanks for asking

My knee is not perfect and never will be (no running for me ever again, not that I did lot of that anyway!) but I'm pretty normal and can walk several miles without a problem.

Jess's boyfriend had to have the same surgery on his other lung at the start of the year, but now should be all fixed forever.

They are getting married next year. We are planning (subject to a couple of things falling into place) on paying to take them both with us to Florida in 2021 as a wedding present. Obviously forking out several thousand for some of the wedding costs isn't enough
Old 5 Aug 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
Thanks for asking

My knee is not perfect and never will be (no running for me ever again, not that I did lot of that anyway!) but I'm pretty normal and can walk several miles without a problem.

Jess's boyfriend had to have the same surgery on his other lung at the start of the year, but now should be all fixed forever.

They are getting married next year. We are planning (subject to a couple of things falling into place) on paying to take them both with us to Florida in 2021 as a wedding present. Obviously forking out several thousand for some of the wedding costs isn't enough
lol Weddings are so expensive, but hopefully a day you will all remember for the rest of your lives and a wonderful Florida family holiday as well. Lovely. Our DD was married at Disneys wedding chapel then afterwards at Grand Floridian. We all stayed in Florida for 2 weeks after and we paid for them to stay as well. My DH still keeps talking about how much it all cost! lol
Glad to hear things are improving on the health issues, and I hope they continue to do so.
Old 9 Feb 20, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sigur
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Glad you had an amazing time and thanks for updating us. I think I would like to visit Quebec so a possibility for the future. We have been to Maine and loved it. I also like to see new places. What about west coast? Or have you been?
Funnily enough, this is our current discussion at home. We've never been to the West coast. Very early thoughts are starting in Vancouver and working our way down to Anaheim. However, any other road trip suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The other options are still Mexico or Florida.
sigur is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 20, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Funnily enough, this is our current discussion at home. We've never been to the West coast. Very early thoughts are starting in Vancouver and working our way down to Anaheim. However, any other road trip suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The other options are still Mexico or Florida.
My personal opinion is that the west coast of Canada deserves its own trip - Vancouver, Vancouver Island and Whistler could fill a fortnight. If you wanted to go further, there are good self drive tours which also go to Alberta (Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper etc.)

I also think that the west coast of the USA is deserving of its own trip, as there is so much to see and do there as well. Its one we haven't got round to yet, but one day!