Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 12 May 19, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Sounds amazing! I literally cannot wait for this trip and it’s my first solo trip to WDW - first of many I hope.

Geyser Point looks incredible and I think it will be my evening hangout post park for a nightcap while staying at WL.

Am I right in thinking it’s a QS restaurant?
Oh wow, you're staying at WL? Then definitely you will become a Geyser Point addict! Loved Artist Point before it became a Snow White character dinner, sounds cool but the menu before offered much more choice. Not on my to do list now, but I feel awkward on a character meal on my own lol, if you are comfortable with it I'm sure it's worth a try.

Edit: yes, GP is quick service. But they have tables where they bring food to your table.

Edited at 06:37 PM.
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by YLL View Post
Oh wow, you're staying at WL? Then definitely you will become a Geyser Point addict! Loved Artist Point before it became a Snow White character dinner, sounds cool but the menu before offered much more choice. Not on my to do list now, but I feel awkward on a character meal on my own lol, if you are comfortable with it I'm sure it's worth a try.

Edit: yes, GP is quick service. But they have tables where they bring food to your table.
I’ve been to WDW several times, just never before on my own and Artist Point was always on my list. However, the new storybook dining definitely doesn’t appeal. Characters solo seems a little out there and I don’t think the menu looks that special.

Great tip about Geyser Point doing table service - I assumed it was a window for food. Whispering Canyon now changed, thank you

I keep going back and forth over doing D-Luxe burger or changing that to The Boathouse and using my spare credit that way... or maybe trying another DS one table credit meal
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Really excellent choices! If I were you, I would change Chefs de France and another 1 credit restaurant into a 2 credits reservation for Monsieur Paul, above Chefs de France. If you're going to have French food, you might as well have the best you can get! PS: I'm French, I can testify that Monsieur Paul is one of the best French restaurants I've been to outside of France.
That is really nice to hear. I’ve booked Chef De France and Monsieur Paul’s for our up and coming trip. I think Monsieur Paul’s gets a bit overlooked for the bigger names like CG and Narcoossee’s.

Looking forward to both. 😃

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
That is really nice to hear. I’ve booked Chef De France and Monsieur Paul’s for our up and coming trip. I think Monsieur Paul’s gets a bit overlooked for the bigger names like CG and Narcoossee’s.

Looking forward to both. 😃

Kat
Great that you booked both, traditional and fancy French dining. I'm sure you'll have a lovely time, and yes Monsieur Paul is definitely overlooked.
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

I’ve been to WDW several times, just never before on my own and Artist Point was always on my list. However, the new storybook dining definitely doesn’t appeal. Characters solo seems a little out there and I don’t think the menu looks that special.

Great tip about Geyser Point doing table service - I assumed it was a window for food. Whispering Canyon now changed, thank you

I keep going back and forth over doing D-Luxe burger or changing that to The Boathouse and using my spare credit that way... or maybe trying another DS one table credit meal
D-Luxe burger is great, I haven't tried the Boathouse for food yet, but went for a late cocktail and it was lovely there. So many good places to try, it's unreal.

Edited at 11:02 PM.
Old 13 May 19, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

D-Luxe burger is great, I haven't tried the Boathouse for food yet, but went for a late cocktail and it was lovely there. So many good places to try, it's unreal.
I know! It’s so hard to narrow them down. That’s why I upgraded to DxDDP so I could try as many signatures as I liked without worrying about using up credits.
Old 21 May 19, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Planet Hollywood has now changed to The Boathouse and Teppan Edo to La Hacidena in Mexico Pavillion.

Been to Teppan Edo a lot so fancy a change. Still back and forth over MP.

Edited at 07:11 AM.
Old 22 May 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post

Oh this is good to know! I didn’t really fancy the antics being solo and chose this purely because it’s the day I’m checking into WL from Universal.

They had a starter of burnt ends nachos which sounds lush but if the food is rubbish I may switch it out and maybe try a lunch at a resort nearby or even geyser point?
I think your selections are pretty good, similar tastes to me, I have been or plan to go to most of the places on your list.

I have booked Whispering Canyon for my final lunch as we are staying at Wilderness Lodge but have similar misgivings about antics and not even that mad about the menu. I think I will change and just go to Geyser Point instead.

One I would ditch is Flying Fish after my experience this year post #189 page 24. Obviously I know not every experience is the same, but we will never set foot in there again.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...111984&page=24
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Grace_1412
Excited about Disney

Rose and crown food was always a bit 'meh' but we always booked to get a table outside to watch Illuminations. Now that this is an additional cost we will be giving it a miss this year. I think there is better (including the fish and chips to take away outside)
Grace_1412 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I think your selections are pretty good, similar tastes to me, I have been or plan to go to most of the places on your list.

I have booked Whispering Canyon for my final lunch as we are staying at Wilderness Lodge but have similar misgivings about antics and not even that mad about the menu. I think I will change and just go to Geyser Point instead.

One I would ditch is Flying Fish after my experience this year post #189 page 24. Obviously I know not every experience is the same, but we will never set foot in there again.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...111984&page=24
I am on the fence about Flying Fish as I’m not a big seafood or fish eater. I am off to read your review and hopefully that will let me decide. Perhaps if I ditch it I’ll try the new CSR restaurant or even the new Jaleo but to be honest Jaleo doesn’t look so appealing either.

Any suggestions for a FF alternative?