Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 May 19, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Anyone any good at comparing cars?

My old faithful car has finally had it. Looking at getting a new one, looking at getting either dacia duster, dacia stepway or renault captur, is there a good comparison website that will compare size etc of the vehicles at all, need to look at bootspace and back leg room as well, as we have agrowing 10year old DD! Need some helpful suggestions/recommendations
Old 14 May 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I haven't done it but I know my Son when looking for his Mercedes found some YouTube videos where they were comparing similar models from Merc, BMW and Audi.

He did the same when he bought his BMW last year.

He showed me one that was showing SUVs but I didn't view it as I knew what I wanted.

Worth having a look to see if the models you want are showcased on there.

As an aside Dacia is fantastic value for money. I think Colin39 on here has one.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 05:52 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We are in this process ourselves! You really need to go to a dealership to compare! They look so different in real life!
Old 14 May 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by olgaandcoda View Post
We are in this process ourselves! You really need to go to a dealership to compare! They look so different in real life!
So very true. Nothing like spending time sitting in a car, checking visibility and seat comfort etc.
Plus seeing what bang you get for your buck putting model v model.

OP I know nothing about the models you mention but I know some real experts are on here such as DuncanB etc. Hope they will spot this.

Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Segdude
Very Serious Dibber

Segdude's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Try What Car magazine or similar for data etc. Also try "Carbuyer" "Carwow" and "What Car" on YouTube, as well as a generic search such as Owners Reviews or User Guide.
I think Dacia is a sub brand of Renault, so there could be some similarity on equipment used.

Y'all take care
Nick
Segdude is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
So very true. Nothing like spending time sitting in a car, checking visibility and seat comfort etc.
Plus seeing what bang you get for your buck putting model v model.

OP I know nothing about the models you mention but I know some real experts are on here such as DuncanB etc. Hope they will spot this.
I sat in one yesterday and bumped my head as I got in! Not a good start! Didn’t like the salesman either! I’ll take my money elsewhere I think! DH is on the case to the dealer of my favoured Brand!
Old 14 May 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

We have a dacia stepway and it's served us well so far, we have a fast growing 10 year old and it copes with all three of us and two dogs lol, boot space we could get a full weekly shop in boot. OH did loads of research and practically moved into showroom when he was looking at getting one, we've had ours about 2.5 years now.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
I sat in one yesterday and bumped my head as I got in! Not a good start! Didn’t like the salesman either! I’ll take my money elsewhere I think! DH is on the case to the dealer of my favoured Brand!
I find what I want online now and get a local dealer to haul it in for me. Works well.

They brought me a car that was 3 months old in from Tamworth with 9 miles on the clock.

Old 14 May 19, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Just how tall are you lol, my OH is well over 6ft and never bumped his head getting in... Believe me I'd know 🤬🤬🤬
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
hexagon
VIP Dibber

hexagon's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
The euroncap site is great for safety ratings (obviously). They compare each car in the same way so you can see what is better and why it’s better.
hexagon is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List