Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 May 19, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

i am going from a Daewoo Matiz so everything seems huge in comparison. I sort of discounted the duster because it felt too big in the showroom, but I am going to take one for a testdrive. We used to have a galaxy and I was always OK driving that. I just hate trying out new cars. Going to also drive the Captur but someone told me that visibility wasnt great, so i will have to have a look for ourselves. DH would like the Duster. Unfortunately none come in Rose Gold, which is what colour DD wants! i do like the Stepway too!
Old 14 May 19, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Which ? magazine do really good car reviews. You can usually sign up for a free trial.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

Have a look at honestjohn
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Mobile

After test drive I have ordered a duster, was surprised at how good it was to drive and park, have to wait because I want a blue one, coming in July!
Old 24 May 19, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I find what I want online now and get a local dealer to haul it in for me. Works well.

They brought me a car that was 3 months old in from Tamworth with 9 miles on the clock.
Had a test drive last week, but the dealer couldn’t beat the online deal we found! At least I know I can drive an SUV type here!
No rush, I want the September plate! Let the neighbours see it, then put my own plate on it! Lol!
Old 24 May 19, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Just how tall are you lol, my OH is well over 6ft and never bumped his head getting in... Believe me I'd know 🤬🤬🤬
My son had a Puma and I never got into that without banging my head!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
My son had a Puma and I never got into that without banging my head!
My husband checked me getting into my car and said I only just cleared it! I think it’s the curve on some cars that slope too soon.
I always bumped my head in his old car, same make as my present one. I had to move the seat right down, then up again once sitting!
Old 24 May 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Just how tall are you lol, my OH is well over 6ft and never bumped his head getting in... Believe me I'd know 🤬🤬🤬
Not that tall! Obviously just got a big head! It’s my getting in the car technique that needs practice. Must try harder! Lol!
Old 24 May 19, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
After test drive I have ordered a duster, was surprised at how good it was to drive and park, have to wait because I want a blue one, coming in July!
Earlier today me and the wife Went for a walk along the Thames at Marlow with our doggie (absolutely none of that information is relevant), and on the way back I passed a duster and said to my wife "they're really cheap to buy." That said, I guess like most cars the base price is low but it mounts up when you start adding extras. I admit I did also comment that a "duster" was a strange name for a car but that's because the name is in rather large letters across the boot, but it doesn't matter what it's called as long as it's a good car.

Enjoy your duster.

Edited at 03:15 PM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I've just seen that top gear have given the new duster 9/10 which is very good indeed.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List