Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 20 May 19, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

This is a hard one as the Disney restaurants are so over priced and the food is better offsite.

However I would pay for the places where you could choose to have a cheaper meal- so for instance somewhere you can select a $25 entrée only, not be forced to pay a high fixed fee like at O'hana.

So out of the places we ate at, I would pay for Homecomin and Yak and Yeti.

We liked Boma, Teppan Edo and Ohana but the fixed cost is too high for me. And although we enjoyed our Cali Grill dinner, no way would I pay those prices out of pocket.
SquishTheWhale is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
We liked Boma, Teppan Edo and Ohana but the fixed cost is too high for me. And although we enjoyed our Cali Grill dinner, no way would I pay those prices out of pocket.
On our last-minute week away at Feb half-term, Cali Grill was the only Disney meal we had!

We didn't have a booking (as we didn't have flights until just before we went) so we walked up and ate in the bar area, stretched the meal out and watched the fireworks.

It was as good as ever and worth every penny to us.

(We've often paid cash for Boma and Teppan Edo too)

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
On our last-minute week away at Feb half-term, Cali Grill was the only Disney meal we had!

We didn't have a booking (as we didn't have flights until just before we went) so we walked up and ate in the bar area, stretched the meal out and watched the fireworks.

It was as good as ever and worth every penny to us.

(We've often paid cash for Boma and Teppan Edo too)
It probably depends on how much you pay to eat out normally I guess. When we eat out we usually don't spend over £50 as a couple and often a lot less. We just aren't fancy restaurant kind of people.

While I enjoyed my meal at CG, I wouldn't say it was worth $220 (£172! ) including tip for the two of us! Maybe I'm just cheap lol. The service wasn't exactly great either, we waited 40 minutes for drinks and only got them after asking another waiter as ours had disappeared. I booked for 8pm and thought we'd have time to eat our mains before watching the fireworks- but they only came out at 8.50 so we had to choose between eating as fast as possible, leaving them to get cold or missing the fireworks. Perhaps my mistake and I should have allowed longer than an hour to receive and eat mains.

Edited at 04:13 PM.
SquishTheWhale is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Have you seen latest Dis review of Plaza on Youtube? They seem to have banged the prices up a lot since I was there last.
Oh No! That was the one TS I was going for this trip because it was " a hidden gem" with good prices.
Sneaky so and so's.
Was wondering why it's always got availability - is it not good or something ? (This was even before the price rise)
Old 20 May 19, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 25
Mobile

Originally Posted by Tea View Post
Oh No! That was the one TS I was going for this trip because it was " a hidden gem" with good prices.
Sneaky so and so's.
Was wondering why it's always got availability - is it not good or something ? (This was even before the price rise)
I think there’s a few reasons it’s not super popular. I think people never used to know it was there. I think people think there are ‘better’ options in MK for sit down, CRT or character dining.
I think it’s not the most ‘exciting’ of menus or settings.

We’ve eaten there many times (last time was probably about 3 years ago though) and used to love it.

Sticking to a budget Oct ‘18 Universal & off-site dining report
offtoseemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
AMG82
Earning More Ears

Mobile

We had the DDP on our last trip (this trip QS) However out of all the TS meals we had and character meets the only one we would pay OOP for would be Teppan Edo at Epcot. That place blown us away and the food was spot on ( obviously only if you like Chinese!) This is the only one that stood out for us all (party of 5)
AMG82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by AMG82 View Post
We had the DDP on our last trip (this trip QS) However out of all the TS meals we had and character meets the only one we would pay OOP for would be Teppan Edo at Epcot. That place blown us away and the food was spot on ( obviously only if you like Chinese!) This is the only one that stood out for us all (party of 5)
* Japanese

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
BubandPodge
Earning My Ears

Liberty Tree Tavern for us - all you can eat Thanksgiving style and not too expensive either!
BubandPodge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List