Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 May 19, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
pav438
Excited about Disney

I forgot to say we found out he had been moved there from another seat in case he needed the loo and never moved or wake up the whole flight which made me angry remember this guy was about 80 odd so I did not want to look a bully .
pav438 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Big Donald 1983
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I definitely understand why you are angry about this situation, I would have felt a tad claustrophobic boxed in like that.
I’m a tall guy and I like to have a wander down the plane a couple of times on a long flight.
It is a very tricky situation for Virgin because it sounds like this guy would have kicked up a fuss if he’d been asked to move seats but I should have been dealt with better, like a previous poster said, the middle row of seats would have been a much better place for him, still in the aisle but access for others on the other side.
Big Donald 1983 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
ch1ps
Imagineer

ch1ps's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by skalexander View Post
From memory extra legroom rows tend to be exit rows, and you have to be able bodied to sit in those.
Thanks.
Old 19 May 19, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Mymemories
VIP Dibber

You should definitely complain as pp said on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram as this situation is just not acceptable.

It’s not/was not your responsibility to find a solution for this, it’s Virgin’s. They placed you in an unsafe position and did it deliver the product you paid for. You did not pay for a flight that came with no access to food or drink, and as for no access to the loo surely that’s against Health & Safety regulations !
Old 19 May 19, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
That is a completely unsafe situation.

Cabin crew will have been trained in this - my mother - who is now in a wheelchair and unable to move unaided - flies regularly (in a plane not on her broomstick as DH says!) and is always asked to sit in a central-bank aisle seat for safety considerations - everyone can get out the other side and she is able to be picked up and manhandled off the plane easily.

The cabin crew should have insisted on seating him elsewhere for safety.
I would go with this reason if you decide to address it. I think I would ask the question rather than word it as a complaint though. Climbing over someone isn’t really acceptable and the crew should have dealt with the situation better .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

OP, this is just dreadful, if I’d been presented with this situation I don’t know what I’d do, I can’t not visit the loo on a long flight and I’d struggle to climb over anyone, surely it’s a safety issue if there was an emergency situation, it makes me realise why I much prefer planes that have seats in two’s!
I’d be presenting VS (try emailing their CEO) with all the facts and asking for their opinions on what happened, do they think it’s acceptable x
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

What an awful situation - I would definitely complain.

Did he have any family with him?
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Lilly3580 View Post
I'm not sure who I'd feel angry with as it's a tricky situation. I wouldn't like someone telling me I couldn't drink or use the toilet and if you offered to change seats maybe this would have helped the situation.
I'd probably climb over after they'd had their sleeping tablet, they knock most people out for the count.
I would be angry and I also would not be able to not go to the loo for 7.5 hours. I would have no choice but to climb over them and I would do so with as little grace and as much palaver as I possibly could. I also wouldn’t have waited at the end either, if I am expected to climb over a passenger on the way in then I will do so on the way off too.

At first I was thinking I would angry with the passenger rather than Virgin but having read the full thread and noting that they didn’t care, I have changed my mind and think they should have found a better solution.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

What an awful situation for all concerned.
I would have found the flight very difficult. As soon as the access to the toilets would have been mentioned - that would have been me needing the toilet all the time. It’s a nervous thing that as soon as access is restricted I need to go more!
I would contact virgin with your thoughts on the situation
Old 19 May 19, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
judy22
Apprentice Imagineer

I think when he had told me I couldnt get out easily for the loo I would have pretended to have a problem and tell him I might need the loo alot so hopefully he would see that moving to the window seat would be to his advantage.
judy22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List