Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 20 May 19, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Need city centre Liverpool advice pls

So, this weekend, me and few others are coming up to Liverpool for the Rock n Roll half marathon.
On the Saturday evening we have a table booked at Pizza Express, but we’d love to go to a karaoke after.

Does anyone who frequents Liverpool city centre know of any decent karaoke on this Saturday night please?
By ‘decent’, I mean somewhere that doesn’t just let their favourite people sing, has microphones not bought from Toys R Us and has more than 20 songs!

We’re not serious by any stretch but no point going if they don’t let you sing and can’t make you sound better than you do in the car!

Cheers!
Old 20 May 19, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
markpwa8
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

First of all, please don’t eat at Pizza Express. There are some wonderful Italian restaurants in Liverpool such as Casa Italia, Olive, Gusto etc. The thought of paying for a pizza express angers me. It’s a dreadful greedy chain.

Then for your karaoke needs on a Saturday evening, you’re going to possibly struggle. You can try coopers, Tom Hall tavern might be an option or there is a Chinese just off Hanover street that offers it too.
markpwa8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
onion2803
Apprentice Imagineer

Not sure karaoke is much of a thing here...I think there’s a Chinese on Berry St too, and maybe one opposite Grand Central on Renshaw St.
Wouldn’t touch that Pizza Express though 😬
onion2803 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

not sure about karoke, lots of bars do it doing the week but i could not recomend one. There is this place but its not something i'm into so can not say if its any good mboxkaraoke

As for pizza express, mmmm. Lots of other good places to eat in Liverpool and would second Casa italia or Olive .

Or check out independent-liverpool for some of the local independant places to eat.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

I can only second that there are many varied and lovely places to eat at in Liverpool, the Casa Italia is my favourite Italian place, very popular and busy, might require a reservation on a busy weekend.
I'm a bit stuck on the karaoke, I think bongo bingo has taken over 😁
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

If it's pizza you fancy try Crust on Bold Street.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Thank you for the advice on the food - it’s not my choice though and we’re limited as there are about 20 of us.

What’s bongo bingo then?!
Old 20 May 19, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Echo what others have said re pizza express, another vote for casa Italia. Can’t help with the karaoke as the places I know of are restaurants too. No Bongos this weekend either - you will have to return for that!
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Echo what others have said re pizza express, another vote for casa Italia. Can’t help with the karaoke as the places I know of are restaurants too. No Bongos this weekend either - you will have to return for that!

I don’t have a choice about the restaurant, I’m not organising.
Shame about the bongo bingo, that sounds good fun
Old 20 May 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bats View Post
I don’t have a choice about the restaurant, I’m not organising.
Shame about the bongo bingo, that sounds good fun
I’m sure you will enjoy it anyway. I’ll ask my family about the karaoke and let you know
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List