Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 May 19, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

In my eyes there’s no question. The holiday is booked, you just need to add baby .

I wouldn’t think twice about taking a young baby. My OH’s cousin took her baby to Canada and mauratius under a year old . No problems at all. She’s struggling a bit more now she’s got two and the eldest is 3! But it doesn’t stop them, they go away all the time. As long as you can still afford it, it will be amazing.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
EMMAMCR
Earning More Ears

Mobile

I’m a Foster Carer and have taken babies to Florida at short notice ( and will be in a couple of months too), it’s lovely taking a baby. You go at a slower pace, which is actually more enjoyable. If possible I’d get a villa or hotel with kitchenette, will make it much easier. The babycare centres are brilliant.
EMMAMCR is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

It all depends on your circumstances. 'What do I do' is a very vague question open to interpretation.
If you can afford it and all goes well with the pregnancy it will mean some adjustment to.your plans. Plenty time to do this, you'll find plenty info on here about travelling with a baby.
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
niamhswdw
Getting to know the DIBB

Thank you so much for all the replies! I think I am going to leave it until nearer the time and decide. A few people mentioned leaving baby with grandparents but as a young, first time parent I would find this much too difficult. I believe it will be a matter of affordability and either taking the baby or selling the holiday on (resale) as rubbish as this would be, it would be 100% worth it for the memories with my little one
niamhswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
niamhswdw
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
Congratulations but you said 'what do I do'. What does your partner think?
my partner is fine no matter what we decide, he's trying to help me through what is a joyous but stressful time right now
niamhswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
CCFCRJ
Very Serious Dibber

we've booked 2021 and my partner is pregnant. Little one will be a little older than yours but wont stop us. Was funny filling in the booking form and not knowing the name to put for little one yet We will have to adjust accordingly but our other child will be 6 when we travel and we didn't want him to miss out at an age where he will love Disney.
CCFCRJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_chief
Helping Minnie

Have you got parents you could persuade to tag along. They could help with childcare whilst you’re out there. My parents have always travelled with us, they liked nothing better than taking my son for a stroll
In his pram and grabbing a cuppa in the parks whilst we did some rides and vice verse. They always have their own car & we stay in a villa so we get our own space. My DS are now 16 & 14 and my parents have loved sharing the holiday memories with us
miss_chief is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Up to nine months to a year when they are still portable is fine ... after they start walking ... not to mention the terrible twos ,is when it can get tricky.
There are obviously a lot more braver people than me on here I've had three children and we didn't go abroad until the youngest was 3 or 4. It's funny how different people are though. Even the thought of several hours on a plane with a baby (who could scream the whole way) would be my idea of hell and then walking around the parks in the heat too, changing nappies, making up feeds etc. We had lots of holidays when they were young, just in the UK. Enjoyed every bit as much too. As I said, we're all different
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We took a 4 month old and it was an awful lot easier than when we took a 2 and half year old. However ... the 4 month old was my second child and therefore I was much more chilled. Not sure I would’ve been the same with my first child tbh!
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Despite working in a job where I got a free pair of transatlantic tickets a year I held off til mine was five too. I waited til he was at school and understood sometimes you have to stay sat down and a better understanding of taking turns. For us it wass the right thing ... all kids are different.

Originally Posted by MinniMouse View Post
There are obviously a lot more braver people than me on here I've had three children and we didn't go abroad until the youngest was 3 or 4. It's funny how different people are though. Even the thought of several hours on a plane with a baby (who could scream the whole way) would be my idea of hell and then walking around the parks in the heat too, changing nappies, making up feeds etc. We had lots of holidays when they were young, just in the UK. Enjoyed every bit as much too. As I said, we're all different
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List