Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 22 May 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
stepmead
Imagineer

Requesting Virgin Kids Meals

I've been trying to request these on the website for a few weeks now but always get the same message saying it cannot be completed at this time.

So, I've just used the online chat and booked them that way but despite reassuring me they are done there is no confirmation on my booking anywhere. Is this right?

It's just frustrating that our past two trips with Virgin we have not had any children' meals for our kids despite requesting them this way before. I am not sure what I am doing wrong!

Crowne Plaza Universal (Sept '04), DLP (Dec '07), Bahama Bay (Nov '09), Eagle Pointe (Sept '10), Bella Vida (Sept '11), Sunset Crest Villa, Barbados (Aug '12), Beach View Barbados (Oct '13), DLP (Mar '15), Porters Gate Villa, Barbados (Oct '16), Cypress Pointe (May '17), Solterra Resort/Royal Pacific (July '18), Tides Inn Lauderdale, Cabana Bay & Windsor at Westside (July ‘19), Grove Resort (Feb ‘20)
stepmead is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
KymmieAKiss
Apprentice Imagineer

KymmieAKiss's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by stepmead View Post
I've been trying to request these on the website for a few weeks now but always get the same message saying it cannot be completed at this time.

So, I've just used the online chat and booked them that way but despite reassuring me they are done there is no confirmation on my booking anywhere. Is this right?

It's just frustrating that our past two trips with Virgin we have not had any children' meals for our kids despite requesting them this way before. I am not sure what I am doing wrong!
That's really unusual. I would call them back to confirm, see what is happening

DVC member since Sept '18
Youtube - Kymmieakiss
KymmieAKiss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Rabel
Very Serious Dibber

That's odd. We've just flown with them and I requested a child's meal via the website (went onto manage my booking, selected their ticket and did a meal choice there). It then showed that they had a special meal booked. FYI the meal was not the best - crackers and cheese, cheesy pasta and a pudding - I probably should have just gone with the standard meal!

I did the child's meal at least 90 days out but I cannot remember whether it was showing immediately.
Rabel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
pluto99
Very Serious Dibber

my lad got cheesy pasta nd he left it nd he loves pasta better getting am meal deal in the airport
pluto99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
familyofthree
Apprentice Imagineer

familyofthree's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We have never had a problem requesting the meal via the app so not sure why your request isn't working.
As others have said the kids meals are not great at all. DS hasn't touch the last 2 kids meals with Virgin so this time we haven't bothered, will just see what is on the 'normal' meal choice and pick up a Boots meal deal from the airport as a back up.
Old 22 May 19, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post

I have had the same problem. Could book a low salt meal for me but can't request kids. Will try online chat.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List