Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 May 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

I rarely buy in there now. I’m a shorty (5ft) and trying to get anything to fit correctly is practically impossible. I wish they would go for leg length in trs not short/ med /long etc. Their short is far to long and always means extra costs to take up. Don’t find the sizing ever the same ie bought 2 items the same but diff colours, 1 fit the other far too tight. I agree about having to many ranges, it’s a faff trailing round
Sorry prefer Next
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

I mostly get their food, I have over the last couple of years found their on-line shopping pictures for clothes abysmal to the point of laughable in some cases.
Our local store, which was ALWAYS full when you went in, closed 3 weeks ago! Unbelievable those at the top seem to have no idea what we actually want and have not bothered to try and ask us! As for collecting 'SPARKS' points whatever was the point now with all these stores closing? Ours had the cheek to put a notice on the window outside telling us we could still order on line and pick up at our nearest store - 15 miles away in either direction ! Feel totally let down by them.
I would however look at their food again if they do go in with Occado to deliver.
Old 22 May 19, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
Have you noticed how the top film never peels cleanly off, I end up with slivers and get in a right mess, or is that just me 😂
No I happens to me, thought it was just me doing it wrong
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Funny enough my 20% off M&S vouchers arrived today if anyone wants a code
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

M&S have always been awful for clothes. I used to think they were for older people, but I can’t imagine any age group wearing their clothes.
I used to like some of the food there, years ago. Now it’s no different to any supermarket.
I do shop there - for my son’s school shirts and trousers every year. They cost me nothing though, as I use my vouchers that I’ve collected from having an M&S credit card. He’s only got 2 years left at school, so I guess I won’t be popping in there at all after that.
Lisa123wm is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
princessgem
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

They need to make it more affordable! All of the departments just seem so dear for what you actually get.

2015: Art of Animation + Hard Rock
princessgem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Mobile

We usually pop into M&S Cheshire Oaks for deli pies, crisps, and ready meals if they are on offer or reduced.
The food area is usually busy but the clothing is always deserted except for huddles of elderly female staff. Redundancies must cost M&S a fortune.
Often buy coats and jackets when reduced, and other clothing. Everybody says the same about only buying in a sale.
Every Christmas they put their big bags of crisps up in price so we stop buying them until they are back on offer at 2 bags for £3.
I think this is the problem M&S may have with profit margins, nobody wants to pay full price for anything, not even crisps.
Another problem is their Sparks card, almost useless apart from sale previews.
Like John Lewis they should stop staff from telling customers to go away and order online. Last Winter I took a jacket to the till and was told I had to buy online for the sale price, turning away money.

One thing M&S (and Waitrose) are excellent at is food source labelling.
TESCO was selling lamb recently claiming it was from Wales which was actually from New Zealand. We were disgusted because we would never knowingly buy New Zealand lamb.

Maybe the future for M&S is simply food ? We will miss them if they disappear completely.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by Pino_Spetzberg View Post
We usually pop into M&S Cheshire Oaks for deli pies, crisps, and ready meals if they are on offer or reduced.
The food area is usually busy but the clothing is always deserted except for huddles of elderly female staff. Redundancies must cost M&S a fortune.
Often buy coats and jackets when reduced, and other clothing. Everybody says the same about only buying in a sale.
Every Christmas they put their big bags of crisps up in price so we stop buying them until they are back on offer at 2 bags for £3.
I think this is the problem M&S may have with profit margins, nobody wants to pay full price for anything, not even crisps.
Another problem is their Sparks card, almost useless apart from sale previews.
Like John Lewis they should stop staff from telling customers to go away and order online. Last Winter I took a jacket to the till and was told I had to buy online for the sale price, turning away money.

One thing M&S (and Waitrose) are excellent at is food source labelling.
TESCO was selling lamb recently claiming it was from Wales which was actually from New Zealand. We were disgusted because we would never knowingly buy New Zealand lamb.

Maybe the future for M&S is simply food ? We will miss them if they disappear completely.
I have found recently that the food hall in Cheshire Oaks always feels disorganised and messy. Always boxes and food cages out blocking the aisles, drives mad!
Old 22 May 19, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I love their shoes, good quality and value.
I also like some of the clothes for the quality so it is worth the extra.

Food is hit and miss but I do like their steaks.

Haven't bought linen for ages from their but would if the quality is better.
Old 22 May 19, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I find the stores hard to navigate and I can never find what I am looking for.
I like some of their underwear and I have a lovely skirt from there but I find them expensive,so I don’t buy stuff very often.

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List