Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 May 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Mollysue
Helping Donald

Exam marking

Hi lovely dibbers
Does anyone know if exam papers can be looked at by school before sending off to external markers ?
Tia
Mollysue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Cricket19
Getting Excited

Assuming you are referring to GCSE/GCE (A levels) - the papers are confidential between the candidate and the exam board and are sent direct to the board immediately after the exam. Nobody is allowed to look at the paper. There is an opportunity to have a remark or look at the paper once the results have been announced in August - boards differ as to what they allow you to do.
Cricket19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Mollysue
Helping Donald

Yes I am referring to GCSEs apparently my daughters maths exam has been ‘pulled ‘ according to deputy head I assumed this should not be possible would there by any circumstances at all that this would happen ? Thanks for response
Mollysue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mollysue View Post
Yes I am referring to GCSEs apparently my daughters maths exam has been ‘pulled ‘ according to deputy head I assumed this should not be possible would there by any circumstances at all that this would happen ? Thanks for response
I don’t really understand the term but have they contacted you to flag a concern with her conduct?
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mollysue
Helping Donald

I don’t understand the term either that was what the head teacher said apparently she has done ok and no nothing to do with conduct my daughter has anxiety issues but no conduct issues
Old 22 May 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Cricket19
Getting Excited

I think you need to follow up with the school to find out exactly what they mean. As far as I am aware (I'm not an exams office manager) all papers are sent to the board. If a school had any concerns eg malpractice (not suggesting this is the case with your daughter), the paper is still sent to the board with an incident report and it is the board who decide what action to take. Also I don't understand how the head teacher can say she has done ok as the school should not be looking at any of the papers.

Usually the exam papers are collated by the lead invigilator and another invigilator. The Exams Officer/Manager might be present - think they might need to sign the covering sheet but teachers should not be involved.

Definitely follow up with the school and contact the exam board if your daughter sat the exam but the school have not forwarded her paper or have delayed sending it in or if you have any other concerns regarding the way the school are conducting the exams. Do you know if they 'pulled' any other students' papers?

I would contact the board tomorrow. Hope you get it sorted.
Cricket19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

Hopefully it's something as simple as she forgot to put her candidate number or something like that on the front? So they need her to do it?

Though as for going through the paper itself, I don't know why they would do that

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Mollysue
Helping Donald

Thanks for advice I have emailed the exam board I am wondering if the School have just had a check of the paper although I didn’t think this was an option will see what exam board say
Old 22 May 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Mollysue
Helping Donald

I think because she has a lot of anxiety issues this may be a reason given I know they have checked another students as they have told me very inappropriate in my opinion
Old 22 May 19, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I've been involved in teaching and examining in a number of different roles and the only time teachers tend to see scripts is if handwriting is poor and they can do a transcribed script. There are very strict rules governing this though and usually is for long written answers rather than maths.

Procedure otherwise is as Cricket says.

How did you find out your daughter's exam was "pulled"? (never heard that term in this context)