Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 May 19, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

What holiday could you definitely NOT do?

Indulge me as I enjoy my last few days of freedom before going back to work after a wonderful 7 week break!

I'm not a fan of 'one resort' type holidays where there's only laying round the pool and eating at the buffet to do, the thought of a cruise fills me with dread as I'm pretty sure I'd go stir crazy and jump off the ship . I'm also not good with creepy crawlies so the thought of trekking through the amazon doesn't inspire me (which is a shame, as crawlies aside, I'd love it, but am too much of a wimp.

If any of those were my family's ambitions though I'm pretty sure I could do it and make the most of it.

Are there any holidays you know you absolutely couldn't do, for all the love in the world?

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Camping , no matter how much my family try I just can’t get into sleeping on a mat under a sheet. I know people love it but it’s a no from me .
I’m coming round to the idea of a cruise though.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Whitequeen
Imagineer

Whitequeen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
A 'lying on the beach' holiday. Not in a million years. I need entertaining every minute of the day so Theme Parks/Sight Seeing do it for me although I'm getting a bit old for theme parks, I fear.

West Coast Visits-5
Whitequeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Camping , no matter how much my family try I just can’t get into sleeping on a mat under a sheet. I know people love it but it’s a no from me .
I’m coming round to the idea of a cruise though.
Eww no, that doesn't appeal at all, why sleep on the ground when there are perfectly good beds and hotels!

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Whitequeen View Post
A 'lying on the beach' holiday. Not in a million years. I need entertaining every minute of the day so Theme Parks/Sight Seeing do it for me although I'm getting a bit old for theme parks, I fear.
You're NEVER too old for theme parks!

Old 23 May 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

I can't think of any kind of holiday I wouldn't like, they are what you make them and memories can be made in most places... A health farm holiday might be the only one I'd avoid... A big part of my holidays is food and drink not purified water and beansprouts 😋😋
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
I can't think of any kind of holiday I wouldn't like, they are what you make them and memories can be made in most places... A health farm holiday might be the only one I'd avoid... A big part of my holidays is food and drink not purified water and beansprouts 😋😋
I did a yoga retreat in Turkey once and our group was fairly laid back, it was vegetarian which was fine for a week, and we'd all have the odd glass of wine, the group coming in after us though were doing some weird juice cleanse, the staff preparing it were not exciting any of us to try it next time

Old 23 May 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Camping is a big no no for me too. Been there, done that and got the soggy trainers and midge bites to prove it

Lying by the pool for a fortnight does not appeal, but with plenty of books to read, I'd definitely give it a go if someone was offering to take me!

Love cruises, caravanning and all other holidays that involves sightseeing.
Old 23 May 19, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

I don’t like to visit the same place over and over again. I love seeing different places and people. Even when we have done Orlando more than one we always added different places to visit. Last year we did Miami to Atlanta and back which was amazing.
I love beach holidays, city breaks, and even loved camping in the south of france lol.
Not sure i will ever do a Ski holiday. I need the sun lol

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Educational holidays. learn to cook. learn to draw etc. ugh!