Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 May 19, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mouse
Very Serious Dibber

mouse's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Virgin Unable to Check in online

Hello

We are on the 10.20 flight from Gatwick tomorrow and it will not allow us to check in on line fro DS (age 25). Should we be worried he has a valid ESTA and passport in date which he flew on last year.

Have to admit a bit worried as not sure what would do if we all can't go. We wont get down to Gatwick until after twilight check in closes so it will be tomorrow before we can check in (2 hours before the flight)
mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
I would imagine he has been pre-selected for extra security checks.

Try not to worry too much if you can.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DISney Freak
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hi,
No need to worry unnecessarily, it's most likely to be that your DS has been selected for additional screening at security. It's quite a common occurrence and happens to lots of travellers. It's usually a quick more detailed check of hand baggage and a further pat down at the gate.
Regards
DF
DISney Freak is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mouse
Very Serious Dibber

mouse's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Would it make sense then to limit his hand luggage as we have 2 bags between 3 or might that seem suspicious
mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

You’re overthinking it. There’s nothing to worry about, they just take him aside, ask a few questions and do a thorough search of hand luggage if he has some.
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStacey
Apprentice Imagineer

DH had this on our recent flight.

It was indicated as SSSS on his boarding pass.

He didn't incur any additional checks until at the gate.

He had his hand luggage searched and his hands swabbed - given the all clear and onto the plane.

He was with us in our seats less than 5 minutes later.

I don't think it necessary to limit your DS's hand luggage.

I wasn't selected for extra security checks yet was probably screened more thoroughly than DH - I was frisked, had my bag hand-searched, my purse and electric items swabbed and my liquids sampled and tested.
DisneyStacey is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
*Dory*
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

3 out of the 6 of us couldn’t check in online a few weeks ago and we were all given extra security checks as we bored the plane. Nothing to worry about.
*Dory* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
KeithOP
Serious Dibber

I had it back in november, ssss on boarding pass when I got to airport. the ONLY thing they did was look in my carry on before boarding the plane, wasnt even 5 mins.

This may my wife couldnt check in so we thought it would be the same thing but when we got to the airport she checked in fine, no ssss and the guy said dont worry it just happens sometimes but nothing to worry about.
KeithOP is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
soraia
Very Serious Dibber

Don't worry - same thing happened to me a few weeks ago - I couldn't check-in online and was selected for extra security at the gate. It took all of 5 minutes - they swabbed my hands and feet, checked my hand luggage and shoes and that was it.
soraia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Happened to DW last August in JFK. She didn't get any extra security checks (as far as I could tell) so I don't know what it was all about but it didn't affect our travel.