Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 May 19, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post

yes and yes. We hated parks as had to queue at least 60mins per ride, hot and humid. We don't normally do parks much but hadn't taken the DSs to universal before as too small. Going to Florida in 9 weeks but only 1 day at Busch as we are Gulf coast with family for 2 weeks.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Batman1 View Post
What are these fans with ice you speak of and where can I get some?
Ds got too hot so we tied a hanky around his neck and filled it with ice from the drinks stands, melted quickly and cooled him down.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Rbecking
slightly serious Dibber

We prefer Easter, still hot but not as hot as August but a lot lower humidy and virtually zero rain.
Rbecking is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We went for 3 weeks in August 2017 and the first couple of days were a shock and DH was saying “never again” but we soon realised we just needed to plan better and take it slower and by the end of the holiday we were all saying how we would gin in August again! As for the queues we found it a lot more bearable than Easter.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

We are limited to school holidays too. We have been both Aug and Easter. End of Aug is a LOT quieter than Easter and Easter is a LOT more pleasant in terms of weather. So it really depends on what you are after we personally much prefer quieter parks and it is a real noticeable difference. At Easter I got so annoyed with the amount of people everywhere where in August certainly in the last two weeks of August you can relax so much more. It is very hot and very wet and can be draining but actually I am looking forward to it again in some perverse sense.
Old 23 May 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
thefourDs
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We went the last two weeks of August in 2017 & it was busy but I didn’t find it over the top busy. Heat was manageable- only one day we were all done in from the heat out of 14 but nothing some shade, cold drink and ice lolly couldn’t solve.
thefourDs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Jonathan213
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile

We went last year in August, the heat was bearable for me but my daughter, 2 at the time, it took a lot out of her.

The crowds weren’t that bad, the one day we went to Sea World there were no queues! I’d go on a ride come off and be able to get straight back on it! Universal was similar by lunch time I’d done pretty much all the rides as the day we had gone was quiet until late afternoon!
Jonathan213 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Belle1989
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Batman1 View Post
What are these fans with ice you speak of and where can I get some?
You can buy them in the parks but they are cheaper at the supermarkets
WDW 'Once in a Lifetime trip' - July 2017 -- OKW DLP - July 2018 -- Hotel Cheyenne WDW POR Royal Guest Room -- May 2019 WDW POFQ -- Christmas & New Year 2022 WDW Contemporay Resort & POFQ -- Christmas & New Year 2023
Belle1989 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
w513mfs
Excited about Disney

We visited in august last year and i swore to my self and any body else who would listen i would never return in August ever again. It was just to hot to enjoy anything outside. The park was so much busier than the November we had visited the year before.

In Regards of being busy i have heard it quiets down towards the end of August. I think this is something to do with the south Americans and their summer holidays. If your offsite and have to book Fast Pass with only 30 days out you will struggle for the good rides.

But heat as far as i am concerned its far to hot and humid. Our daughter was three at the time of both trips and just seeing the difference in her on both trips was amazing. Her whole demeanour was complete opposites on both trips. She was full of life in the November running everywhere and really loving life. But the August she didn't want to walk, get out of buggy and just napped all the time. The heat just absolutely zapped her.

Seeing the change her from both trips just made my decision. Its just so hard for small children.

We told this to some friend who are also only able to go in holidays. They took our advice and went in Easter this year. They said the Weather was perfect. Even the locals we got speaking to in Yellow Dog Eats where laughing at us for coming in August. As they said Floridians don't want to be here in august why would any body else.

Personally i would never do it again even when my child has grown up and left.

FLORIDA TRIPS 1994,1995,1996,2005,2007,2007 PART2,2008,2010,2016,2017, 2018, 2021, 2022 and 2024 coming soon
w513mfs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by thefourDs View Post
We went the last two weeks of August in 2017 & it was busy but I didn’t find it over the top busy. Heat was manageable- only one day we were all done in from the heat out of 14 but nothing some shade, cold drink and ice lolly couldn’t solve.
Actually I didn't really how much quieter it was last year in Aug compared to 2017.