Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 May 19, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

anyone else really struggling to find decent flight?

Really struggling booking flights this time around!
Just gotten my head around the 'no bags' thing but now every flight I look at either has a ridiculously short layover i.e 50 mins or you have to make your own way from LHR to LGW. I can't actually find a normal flight! am I doing something wrong? (dates 3rd apr - 18th apr)
WDW and Universal August 2022
NY and WDW March 2024
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Proud to wear my Ears

Just booked 4-18 April, like you was frustrated. We live up North and theres 6 of us so have today booked Manchester via Philly to MCO and back MCO to Manchester via Gatwick via BA with AA codeshare (will ditch the last leg back to Manchester as there's an 11 hour london layover). It was advertised on Skyscanner at £606 pp but we rang BA and decided to get the car from them too which was in budget so that meant for 6 of us it was 5159 including bags and 7 seater. Its more than I wanted to pay but not by miles and I like BA and AA so am happy. There's NO bargains out there atm though, you're right.
2015 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2015 View Post
Just booked 4-18 April, like you was frustrated. We live up North and theres 6 of us so have today booked Manchester via Philly to MCO and back MCO to Manchester via Gatwick via BA with AA codeshare (will ditch the last leg back to Manchester as there's an 11 hour london layover). It was advertised on Skyscanner at £606 pp but we rang BA and decided to get the car from them too which was in budget so that meant for 6 of us it was 5159 including bags and 7 seater. Its more than I wanted to pay but not by miles and I like BA and AA so am happy. There's NO bargains out there atm though, you're right.
I saw this flight today too - what are you going to do to get home from gatwick? When I booked in 2017 I literally found a price / route I liked and clicked book - The whole things really annoying me now
NY and WDW March 2024
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Proud to wear my Ears

We last went in 2018 and I did same, for a great price. This year was much more stressful so when I saw this flight, I thought it will do. We'll get a minibus from our home in York to Manchester outbound and on way home will just check our bags in MCO till Gatwick and not turn up for the last leg back to Manchester - train from London to York is cheap and we will get back home with minimum stress. I'm not looking at skyscanner any more now. Am sure you will get better prices if you hold your nerve and are patient, but that's not one of my virtues ha ha
2015 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

We last went in 2018 and I did same, for a great price. This year was much more stressful so when I saw this flight, I thought it will do. We'll get a minibus from our home in York to Manchester outbound and on way home will just check our bags in MCO till Gatwick and not turn up for the last leg back to Manchester - train from London to York is cheap and we will get back home with minimum stress. I'm not looking at skyscanner any more now. Am sure you will get better prices if you hold your nerve and are patient, but that's not one of my virtues ha ha

Just so glad it's not just me...that sounds like a good option. I thought I would have them booked by now - I found skyscanner flights last time then even phoned flightcentre and they price matched! and then they managed everything else from there. I think we were spoit back in 2017! - ah well I will soldier on until I find a suitable option... thanks for the reassurance
NY and WDW March 2024
Old 23 May 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Proud to wear my Ears

I'm sure you'll get a bargain, its just a bit draining isn't it? Is there an Easter group yet, I'll look and see and will start one if there isn't then we can all share our pathetic excitement
Old 23 May 19, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Proud to wear my Ears

Don't groups exist any more? That's a shame
Old 23 May 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Don't groups exist any more? That's a shame
They do. They’re in the social groups section and there’s an Easter 2020 group with 77 posts.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm sure you'll get a bargain, its just a bit draining isn't it? Is there an Easter group yet, I'll look and see and will start one if there isn't then we can all share our pathetic excitement
Absolutely! It's been taking over any free time I've had for the last week (my ironing pile has been getting larger and the kids letters from school still stuffed in their bags ) An Easter group would be good x
NY and WDW March 2024
Old 23 May 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

We needed to fly on 4th April to be in Tampa for an event on 5th. Hubby is a teacher so flying earlier wasn’t an option. We have direct flights from Gatwick on 4th, returning on 16th. Car hire and hotel in Orlando from 8th - 16th. Decent package price booked with BA holidays.
I’m sure there are other options now that are cheaper (AA flights are now available) but we paid a bit of a premium for direct flights on our preferred dates.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List