Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 May 19, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Connorsmummy
Trying for More Ears

Just booked AKL with Thomson

I am super excited we have just booked AKL for 2 weeks 28th May 2020 for 2 weeks. Travelling with TUI on the dreamliner. We have never stayed on site and would appreciate any help/ suggestions we are a family of 3 with a 10 year old boy when we travel. I don't think this is the best two weeks to go however we are travelling to attend a wedding (only reason we are going tbh).

We have the DDP and 14 day disney tickets.

I don't know where to start with the planning so any help is very much appreciated.
Connorsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 06:17 AM  
Link to this Post
weeleighluigi
Imagineer

Download the 'my Disney experience' app. It allows you to book dining reservations 180 days out. You can book fast passes 60 days out. You can link your tickets, and it will allow you to explore the park layouts and stuff.
weeleighluigi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
BirdsluvDisney
Apprentice Imagineer

Hello Welcome to the DIBB, we are a great bunch

Ask as many questions as you need, Someone will usually come along that can answer or help in some way.

Set yourself your countdown, It is great to watch the days drop down and then get into single figures.

Read lots of trip reviews, There are so many fantastic ones on her, Also as you are on the DDP check out the food trip reviews some great photos and can give you some idea where you want to eat.

Research the places you want to eat, Then at the 180 day mark get booking especially for the really popular restaurants.

60 days to travel thats when you can start booking fast passes.

Enjoy your planning, chat away, learn lots of great tips, and let the happiness and enjoyment begin.
Old 24 May 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Do double check you have dining plan included, I remember last year a bunch of people having issues with TUI and dining plan.
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Connorsmummy
Trying for More Ears

Thanks everyone, I'll need to be spending more time on here and get planning properly .

We definitely have the dining plan with TUI, it would have been so easy to miss it at the reservations stage however I seen the posts on here and knew to look out for it. its on our confirmation that we have it
Connorsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Welcome, be prepared to spend a LOT of time on here, there is ALWAYS something new to learn every year. May is a lovely time to go. AKL rooms are being refurbished at present so you should be lucky enough to get a nice newish room when you go. Go on Utube and put in AKL and you will find some good videos on there - look especially for Tim Tracker ones.
As others have said download the My Disney Experience (MDE) app on your phones, tablet & or laptop; your phones you will need in the park but its a lot easier to see stuff on your tablet or laptop whilst you plan & when you want to book ADR's & FP's. Depending on when you booked your info should be on MDE when you download it & log in.
We are off to AKL in September so ADR's all done now awaiting booking FP's
Old 28 May 19, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Oh forgot to say the Dreamliner is just that a dream to fly in.
Old 29 May 19, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Rafiki22
Dancing with Tink'

Yay! Exciting We are going with TUI on 16th October and staying at AKL. First time for us on the DDP although we have been on the Dreamliner twice before and its lovely. As most have said, keep checking into the forums on here, gets very addictive, especially the trip and dining reports - that should give you some idea of where you want to spend your table service credits, but also check out the restaurants on the disney website and the menus. My DD will be 12 and I am worried she won't be able to eat adult American portions so have booked a lot of buffet or family style places. Happy planning
Rafiki22 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Connorsmummy
Trying for More Ears

Thanks everyone this is great
Old 1 Jun 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
jennaba
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Rafiki22 View Post
Yay! Exciting We are going with TUI on 16th October and staying at AKL. First time for us on the DDP although we have been on the Dreamliner twice before and its lovely. As most have said, keep checking into the forums on here, gets very addictive, especially the trip and dining reports - that should give you some idea of where you want to spend your table service credits, but also check out the restaurants on the disney website and the menus. My DD will be 12 and I am worried she won't be able to eat adult American portions so have booked a lot of buffet or family style places. Happy planning
We fly on the 16th with TUI staying in AKL also! Also our first time on the DDP although been going for 26 years since I was a child.. really looking forward to it. Where are you flying from? x
jennaba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List