Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 May 19, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Dayle
Imagineer

Always makes me think of the saying about having children - the days are long but the years are short.
Dayle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
DavieBhoy
VIP Dibber

DavieBhoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Mobile

I totally understand - our DD has her last Higher exam next Wednesday and will have her leavers for signed afterwards. I felt a pang looking at her blazer and uniform in preparation for it. DS is on an accelerated course at Uni and will finish in August so it’s big changes for us over the next few months.

Tracy

DavieBhoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

I actually welcome these days as it's the start of a new adventure for them in their life, just like it was for me at that age and one more step towards independence
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My son is 28 and off to Canada next month to live with his GF, it’s going to be sad without him. It hit me a little while back last years holiday is probably the last one as a family. I have two more kids but will miss my oldest boy so much!
Old 24 May 19, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
TINKERBELL44
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Big Donald 1983 View Post
Yesterday was my DD’s last proper day of school (apart from exams)and it hit me really hard, I totally wasn’t expecting it.
I’ll admit is secretly shed a few tears before anyone woke up yesterday, which is the first time I’ve cried since the kids were born.
I keep getting upset just thinking about when she was a little girl and totally dependant on us and now she is so independent and grown up.
It feels like the end of an era and sometimes I wish I could rewind to when she was 3-4 and didn’t have a teenagers attitude 😂
Not really sure my post has a point but just wanted to tell someone just to get it out of my system.
I know exactly where you are coming from ! My daughter is almost 18 and I find the last few years have been quite hard and lots of worry xxx
TINKERBELL44 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
ChoppyGirl
VIP Dibber

My DD is an only child and is 17 at the moment - doing her A levels next year. She has had her first 'proper' boyfriend for about a month and goes off on the train to visit him and she seems to have really grown up over the last 6 months. She wants to be a vet which is 5 years at uni and I will be so upset when she goes.
2014 Saratoga Springs Resort
2017 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2019 Highlands Reserve/Grand Plaza/Boardwalk Villa
2023 Vero Beach/Portofino Bay/Coronado Springs Club level

2024 Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2025 Disneyland Hotel DLP
ChoppyGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
ozzyowl1
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Have you really not cried since your kids were born? If so I’m not surprised that you’re in tears now - let it all out! I’m in the same boat my youngest is doing her exams st the moment but she’s home-Ed so I haven’t noticed much difference yet, think i’ll feel it in September when she goes to college and older one leaves for University x
ozzyowl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Big Donald 1983
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for your kind words all. I feel a lot better about it all now 😊
Big Donald 1983 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
lorrie36
VIP Dibber

I feel your upset.
My dds last day of proper school on the 14th June (before sixth form). I’m feeling very strange. I already have had 2 leave and do their thing, and I have my youngest ds( he’s in yr 8) . I think I’ll really not know what to do with myself when he has his last day. (3 years yet though)
Going through the motions of all the junior school fun events onto secondary school is strange enough, but when it comes to the last day of your last child after, what will be 27 years of school drop offs. I am not looking forward to that at all. Think for me I will feel so redundant 😭😭🤣🤣

lorrie36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Do not play "Slipping through my fingers" by Abba. There's not much makes me cry but that one gets me every time.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List