Old 24 Apr 20, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mark&leona2014 View Post
... 10 people.
Watch out for things like how many seats / loungers etc there are around the pool and, if you think you might get around the table together and eat some meals at the villa, how big the dining table(s), including the outside one, are.

You get a lot of villas which will sleep 12-14 but everything else is geared up for 6.

If it's two families, having a couple of sitting areas is useful too.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
tonymc
Imagineer

tonymc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
We booked a villa for the first time on our trip in November (a split stay - first 6 nights on-site then 9 nights in a villa).

We also used the dibb villa search, and chose one at Emerald Islands Resort, which was about 10-12 minutes drive from Animal Kingdom, and no more than 20 minutes to MK.

Really glad we did this as we had two 21 year olds with us, so they had their own space. It was way cheaper than hotels - we paid £200/night for two rooms at All Stars Music (but we did max out our Disney time, FPs, ADRs etc during this week), but only around £85/night for the 4 bed villa including pool heating.

As others have said, you can save quite a bit on food. Having had DDP the previous week, we were “economising” during our villa stay, so had breakfast there, made sandwiches for lunch on our park days, and had dinner in on 6 nights.

If we do return to Florida, we would definitely look at renting a villa for at least part of the holiday, and definitely book through the dibb again.
2024 The Retirement Roadshow – Part 2:Alaska, 2023 4th Time lucky - Aus & NZ, 2022 Cruising and Tuscany, 2020 A second unexpected staycation - Budapest to West Wales!, 2019 It’s Disney... but not as we know it!,2017 CA Possibly, Maybe, Definitely..,2016 Economy and a Studio Just Isn't Good Enough!
tonymc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
After lots of Florida visits this year was the first that we had booked a Villa ( Windwood Bay Disney Villa ) and should have been half way over the Atlantic today
I did lots of research with Villa rental companies but decided that a Dibb Villa was best , the owner is a regular poster who always gives fair views on the forum.
Sadly we now have to wait until April 2021 to experience our first visit to Windwood Bay Disney Villa
And the biggest appeal that sold a Villa to us was finally realising how much space and freedom we will benefit from
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 20, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
tiggerl
Gone all Goofy

we love having a villa,we booked originally with homeaway,now we book direct with the owner,next year will be our 5th time in his villa.we stay at lake berkley,quieter area ,walmart superstore virtually end of the road,easy to get onto the 192,old town near.
tiggerl is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 20, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando Soon
Imagineer

OP, we started out in hotels, then moved to a villa through travel agent, and have hired villas for the last 10 visits. We have booked villa through the Dibb, and through owners direct searching on the internet. We have found the Dibb or owners direct to be best for us. As you can see exactly what you are getting if you do your research. The Formosa gardens area is our favourite as the location is close to parks and restaurants. You have choice regarding gated or not, communal pools if you like bigger pools, entertainment if that’s your thing.
Booked again for Indian Creek in July, I’m confident it could still happen, i have until May 23rd to cancel and get my deposit back, so still time before having to make a decision. We love the flexibility to eat in or out depending how we are feeling, and early morning by the pool listening to the wildlife and watching the sun rise is a lovely way to start the day.
Old 26 Apr 20, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchs Ohana
Proud to wear my Ears

Stitchs Ohana's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: -1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We've stayed in Villas 5 times now, 4 were allocated on arrival from Virgin or Travel City, and didn't know the exact villa we were getting. Our last visit we booked a DIBB Villa on Solterra direct with the owner and It was amazing. I would not go back to allocated on arrival as I want to see what I'm getting and in our case worked out a much better price than a package deal.

Much more space and comfort than a hotel, but we've only done one, just couldn't see all 5 of us sharing a suite for 14 days.

We tend to eat in for breakfast, eat out for dinner, but we do make a special exception and have at least one breakfast out - If I can get my lot out the pool..

Rodeway Inn (I-Drive 1996); Highlands Reserve Villa (2001); Calabay Parc Villa (2008);
Hampton Lakes Villa (2010); Woodrige Villa (2014); Dibb Villa ~ Drumtochty, Solterra Resort(2019) ;
Stitchs Ohana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List