Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 18 Jul 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
letty
Imagineer

Croatia and money advice please

Going to Croatia soon , not sure of what to take money wise?
Will def be taking my clarity card but what about cash, get it here or get it out there?

Edited at 06:44 PM. Reason: Spelling
letty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

We went to Croatia end of last year. Ordered Kuna here and just took cash. Lots of places had notes up saying cards and euros not accepted. That was in Dubrovnik it may be different in other areas.
Old 18 Jul 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Alidoll
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Depends where in Croatia you’re headed and if you plan to go to Slovenia or over to Venice etc.

Croatia uses the Kuna but the other two its Euros.

U.K. pound against either is poor so most things there almost on a parity price wise I’m afraid and it’s definitely not the bargain it was the first time I went there... when it was known by another name.
Alidoll is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Rosiew
Proud to wear my Ears

Restaurants and supermarkets were ok using card. You get a much better exchange rate. Kuna for rest of purchases, drinks etc
Rosiew is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
JUST_MORE_MAGIC
Getting to know the DIBB

Card or Kuna.
JUST_MORE_MAGIC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 05:18 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We are headed back from a cruise today which went to split and Dubrovnik. In split most of the shops we went to said no euros but in Dubrovnik most seemed to give you the price in kuna and euros. I would still take kuna though and your clarity card unless you plan to go to other countries that use the euro like we did.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 19, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
letty
Imagineer

Mobile

We are heading to Split and Hvar Island so think I will just order cash in kunas
Old 19 Jul 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

We took Kuna , ordered it from john Lewis as I find their rates one of the better ones. I did take some cash out at a cash point towards the end of the holiday and found it to be a worse rate than ordering from home.
Old 19 Jul 19, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

We’re just taking kuna,for our holiday to split in September.
Looking forward to our first visit
Tracy x
Old 19 Jul 19, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Split was amazing, we did a Segway tour which I can highly recommend, we went all the way into the national park and the views were stunning.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List