Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 Jul 20, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Sitron
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I love Spiders 😍, Rats, lizards and snakes.

I used to be scared of blood - so much so I was put off training to become a vet/vet nurse. I used to be scared of needles. Watched live operations and worked as a sewing machinist to get over those - even had a machine needle through my finger ... oops.

But I'm scared of heights, I have been up York Minister twice, and love roller coasters but put me on top of a cliff or any sheer drop and I go lemming. I've tried to get over it like my other fears but this one I just can't crack.
Sitron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Gingerlife
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Flying, not good when you have a Florida holiday obsession. I'm usually the neurotic passenger sat crying in the terminal and then walking on to the plane in tears.
I'm secretly quite glad I'm not flying this year, but don't tell my husband 😁
Gingerlife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I have no fear of birds, but yesterday, one got trapped in our garage and was flying about and we thought it had got out. Later the thing was in my kitchen/diner and flew through to the front room and up the stairs. DH eventually caught it and let it go. I did have a few screams when it flew straight at me! It was a young green finch.
Old 10 Jul 20, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
MOUSEMARSH
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Lifts, I can use them but the thought of getting stuck in them freaks me out.
I have to check them out before I use them. We stayed at the Baymont Inn last March and wouldn't use one of them because the doors didn't close properly. The other 2 were fine. If it was busy it was the stairs for me.

If I added it all up I probably could have bought a 4 Bed Detached House
MOUSEMARSH is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Spiders, tho can catch them and put them outside now, heights, tho can do rollercoasters and deep water, like to be able to touch the bottom with my feet.
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sassysar
Apprentice Imagineer

sassysar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Maggots and rats and I always used to be frightened of having my mouth taped if I was kidnapped. ( too much tv drama ! ) as I have a blocked nose often and asthma . Thankfully not going out much as a mask not great
sassysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessie2012
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Cats-I’m absolutely petrified.It is always terrifying on holidays in Greece and Turkey where there are lots of strays around.😩
Jessie2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by YLL View Post
Spiders for me too - even small ones! And touching spiderwebs, makes my skin crawl.
Spiders for me, but interestingly not the huge tarantula ones (as OP posted). Don’t get me wrong, if one suddenly appeared, things may be different but the straight forward house spider sends me into a wild panic 😰😨😱
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
HevaDuck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Snakes for me they give me nightmares
Very gingerly opened your post only scrolled to the first 2 pictures just caught the very top of the 3rd picture am convinced that's a snake so didn't go any further don't want nightmares tonight!
Fortunately have never seen any when in Florida but it's one of the things I worry and get anxious about before we go
I get so anxious if we go to the moors incase we come across an adder make DH walk in front of me to scare any away!
HevaDuck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Moocat21
Earning More Ears

terrified of wasps - was stung as a child and had an allergic reaction

trypophobia - small holes with things in them (if there was a shudder emji i would use it now )

other people taking food from my plate/packet or a sip from my cup once had a complete melt down when my Dad sneaked a chip from my plate. if you want a chip you then have the whole plate cos i can't eat from it again
2023 4th time not looking likely either
Moocat21 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List