Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 19 Jun 20, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Charter Travel - Thoughts?

I’m researching some quotes for a 3 week split stay next August whilst I wait for VH to contact us back.

Charter Travel have provided me a quote with absolutely everything I need and it’s within our budget. What’s everyone’s thoughts on this agent? I don’t like the fact a bank transfer is needed for payments after the deposit though.

I’d have loved to have booked with Ever After Holidays but their quote for the exact same holiday is £600 more!

Are there any other recommendations for other agents to get ideas of quotes?

Thanks in advance!
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

I'd give Orlando Attractions a go, their prices are very good.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Mobile

Price it up yourself, you have more control. Have a look at companies that have behaved well during the pandemic.
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
universal24
Helping Minnie

Booked with Chater travel for this August. Had great customer service but had to cancel the holiday for this august. Refund was sent back within 2 weeks. Currently awaiting a quote to re book with them for next year. Would happily recommend from my experience so far.
universal24 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
I'd give Orlando Attractions a go, their prices are very good.
I’ll have a look thanks! I think they can’t do flights yet as more than 11 months I’m advance.
Old 19 Jun 20, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
Price it up yourself, you have more control. Have a look at companies that have behaved well during the pandemic.
I can’t view the flights just yet because of being for next August so I was just reviewing those companies who do have access. I do have prices for everything else though.
Old 19 Jun 20, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We have rescheduled with them for next year, have been with them in 2018, they were excellent, no problems paying by bank tfr, I paid deposit on credit card for extra protection. We always use Sean@Charter travel
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

I certainly wouldn't book such an expensive holiday paying the balance only by bank transfer absolutely a no no for me. The money's gone from your account at least with a credit card you have a safe method of payment and recourse to get refunded.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 20, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by patjeff63 View Post
I certainly wouldn't book such an expensive holiday paying the balance only by bank transfer absolutely a no no for me. The money's gone from your account at least with a credit card you have a safe method of payment and recourse to get refunded.
That was my concern. You pay £200 pp deposit by card but then they ask for bank transfer for the rest.
Old 19 Jun 20, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

I haven't used the company however if you put part of the transaction on Credit card you are covered for the whole amount... so as long as I could put some of the cost on a credit card I would feel that there was a safety net. Xx

moneyadviceservice.u...ou-pay-by-card

Edited at 02:38 PM.
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List