Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 2 Aug 20, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Disney+ Watchlist & Reviews

Just caved and bought a year's subscription to Disney+ Planning to use this thread to keep a note of what I've watched and blog some mini-reviews.

Ratings:

Animated Movies

Zootropolis

Frozen
Toy Story 3
Toy Story 2

Coco
Cars
Toy Story

Beauty and the Beast

Tangled

The Lion King
Moana

Wreck it Ralph
Frozen 2

Bolt
Incredibles 2

Mulan
Bambi
The Incredibles

The Good Dinosaur
Ralph Breaks the Internet

Toy Story 4
Onward

Live Action Movies

Thor: Ragnarok
Remember the Titans
Avengers: Infinity War

Guardians of the Galaxy
Black Panther

Captain America: Winter Soldier
Ant Man
Iron Man

Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Tron
Ant-Man and The Wasp
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
Iron Man 3

Iron Will
Avengers: Endgame
Thor
Captain Marvel
Mary Poppins

Captain America - The First Avenger
Doctor Strange
Avengers: Age of Ultron
Iron Man 2
Invincible

Thor: The Dark World
Snow Dogs
Captain America: Civil War
The Avengers
Eight Below

Togo
White Fang

Lady and the Tramp (remake)
Tron Legacy

Fantastic 4: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Mr Magoo

TV Series & Everything Else

The Mandalorian - Season 1

Star Wars Rebels - Season 3 and Season 4

The Imagineering Story
Star Wars Rebels - Season 2
Empire of Dreams: The Story of the Star Wars Trilogy

The World According to Jeff Goldblum - Season 1

Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel (TV Special)
Star Wars - The Clone Wars (feature length TV Special)
Marvel Studios: Assembling a Universe
Star Wars Rebels - Season 1
Waking Sleeping Beauty

Once Upon a Time - Season 1
Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars (TV Special)
Star Wars: Forces of Destiny

The Disney Family Singalong (1)

Zenimation
Muppets Now - Season 1

Pixar in Real Life
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it

Edited at 04:21 PM.
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We got it at the start of lockdown. I've challenged myself to watch all the movies from z to a. Alongside family and work I've got on slowly! I'm only on toy story 3. It is interesting viewing and I've watched some I wouldn't have ever watched otherwise!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Originally Posted by caj View Post
We got it at the start of lockdown. I've challenged myself to watch all the movies from z to a. Alongside family and work I've got on slowly! I'm only on toy story 3. It is interesting viewing and I've watched some I wouldn't have ever watched otherwise!
Sounds great - there's a lot to be said for a bit of random consumption, one of the best ways to find new things, I love to do this with books. I'd like to watch some of the earlier animation, shorts especially as easier to fit in around life
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 20, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

The Mandolorian is excellent, and we aren’t big Star Wars fans. Another series we really enjoyed is the Imagineering Story, brilliant insight into the history and development of the parks
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 20, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
The Mandolorian is excellent, and we aren’t big Star Wars fans. Another series we really enjoyed is the Imagineering Story, brilliant insight into the history and development of the parks
I'm definitely going to watch The Imagineering Story after I've filled in the gaps with a few missing recent films, thanks for the recommendation I love hearing about the history.

I'm not going to put up reviews until I've finished watching stuff but already can see a couple of episodes in how high quality The Mandalorian is. Also enjoyed the first episode of Muppets Now, has some funny moments.
Old 3 Aug 20, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

We loved the Imagineering story and can also recommend Disney Prop Culture. The Pixar story is also worth a watch.
Old 3 Aug 20, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Originally Posted by kateh134 View Post
We loved the Imagineering story and can also recommend Disney Prop Culture. The Pixar story is also worth a watch.
The last Prop Culture I heard of was in Pontypool (one for the 70's Welsh rugby fans ). Added, the list is already getting long, I like it. Thanks
Old 3 Aug 20, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Mandalorian, Imagineers and a few others are good, but the lack of original content is woeful. It can’t hold a candle to Netflix and suspect it will have a big customer churn rate.
Old 4 Aug 20, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
The Mandalorian Season 1 - A Mando with No Name (review)

I'll try to keep this spoiler free as still a relatively new show. I loved this, it reminded me of everything from the original Star Wars to The Dollars Trilogy (per the title he is framed as the Man with No Name) or more niche stuff like Firefly/Serenity. The end titles even evoked the loading screens of a GTA game with the clever use of what looks like the concept art on a slideshow with low key music behind it, all things which make me happy.

After Disney's many problems with directors on the new SW trilogy Jon Favreau was a great choice. As the guy who launched Iron Man and the MCU to it's level of hugeness it must have been a no brainer to get him to kick off the original Disney+ content with another story of a man defined by his armour. I really liked that for all the skills and gear, the Mandalorian is by no means invincible. We see him weak at times and 'level up' through the series - something that might continue in future?

Enjoyed all the main performers plus a couple of nice and unexpected cameos from favourites of mine. The production quality is a match for a lot of the recent SW movies and I TBH think the material is superior to the last few movies albeit in a different form of 8 episodes of @30 minutes.

Disney+
- Impeccably produced, directed and performed
- Avoided silly Star Wars names syndrome
- Evokes a number of classic Western and sci-fi properties
- Memorable new characters introduced from the start

Disney-
- Episodes could have been 15 minutes longer to add greater depth

Rating - 9/10 I Have Spoken

Edited at 08:22 AM.
Old 4 Aug 20, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Mandalorian, Imagineers and a few others are good, but the lack of original content is woeful. It can’t hold a candle to Netflix and suspect it will have a big customer churn rate.
I guess it's positioned as a supplemental service to Netflix for Disney fans, especially those with children. People aren't buying so many DVDs any more but if they were it would cost a lot more than the annual subs to get access to all those movies from the back catalogue so young kids can watch them over and over

Edited at 08:23 AM.