Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 8 Jun 20, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkJ
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
I have to ask because (I was due there this year and have postponed until 2021), while I was researching flights on FlyerTalk there was a pretty scaremongering thread about homeless in Seattle. I have a hunch that because people were bringing politics into it that they had a set on the city in the first place and therefore they're not a reliable source. But did you have any issues in that regard?
There are homeless there like there are in any big city - but its not something I would say is a particular problem. I certainly dont recall being bothered or confronted by anyone who was homeless?

As ever - if you want to buy them a coffee, some food or give them a dollar then that down to you
MarkJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweeney_Todd
Imagineer

Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
I have to ask because (I was due there this year and have postponed until 2021), while I was researching flights on FlyerTalk there was a pretty scaremongering thread about homeless in Seattle. I have a hunch that because people were bringing politics into it that they had a set on the city in the first place and therefore they're not a reliable source. But did you have any issues in that regard?
I agree with MarkJ, no different to other US cities we have visited. We didn't feel unsafe and, like other cities you soon get a feel for the dodgy areas and if you keep your wits about you it will be fine.

"Right love, shut up and listen - an ADR for two at Crystal Palace, name of Regan. Got it?"

40?...Face?...Bovvered? ...-...Our Feb 2008 Trippies
Sweeney_Todd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Planaholic
slightly serious Dibber

We were going to pay to go up the Space Needle and then realised you could have brunch in the revolving restaurant at the top, which included a visit to the viewing decks. The cost difference wasn’t very much at all and made it really worthwhile (And brunch was good as well).
Old 11 Jun 20, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
N52939
Apprentice Imagineer

Not sure if it has changed since July last year, but the revolving restaurant had just closed down.

Originally Posted by Planaholic View Post
We were going to pay to go up the Space Needle and then realised you could have brunch in the revolving restaurant at the top, which included a visit to the viewing decks. The cost difference wasn’t very much at all and made it really worthwhile (And brunch was good as well).
N52939 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Planaholic
slightly serious Dibber

Oh, that’s a real shame. It was 2017 when we went so It’s possible
Old 11 Jun 20, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkJ
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by N52939 View Post
Not sure if it has changed since July last year, but the revolving restaurant had just closed down.
Dinner up the Space Needle was really good - been twice. Unusually for a "location" restaurant the food quality was really good!

Its a shame that it closed and there have been rumours that its going to open again but no date as to when!

Fingers crossed!
MarkJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 20, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Following as we are planning on going next summer along with San Francisco. I’ve booked the Belltown area to stay in for 4 nights on free cancellation, this area was recommended to me or the capital hill area.
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Valentine
Imagineer

Mrs Valentine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 21
Originally Posted by AbigailF View Post
Definitely go and see the big troll under the bridge.

It's right near Gasworks Park which is great for a place to sit and eat.
Loved gas works park.
Also, day trip to Mount St Helens, beautiful scenery around there.
Defo try all the independent coffee bars and stay away from Starbucks lol.

DisneyJulie
Mrs Valentine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 20, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

At nearby Renton is the Boeing Aircraft Museum.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List