Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 9 Jul 20, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Mobile Long Promenade / Good Walks

I am looking for recommendations for a hotel/resort in the Med (including Canaries) where we can have a nice week away next year.

Must haves:

Access to a nice long promenade or local walks

Good food - either onsite, eg, Half Board or All Inclusive OR locally if B&B or self catering

We love Playa Blanca in Lanzarote but already have this booked for October and I am looking for somewhere different for a change.

Looking forward to hearing some suggestions
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

We went to Sol Principe Torremolinos last May, AI. It's on the Playamar, it's a pedestrian only prom that runs all the way to Benalmadena. It's about 4 miles one way, loads of beach restaurants and shops along the front. Go back a street or two and there are plenty of tapas bars.

You fly into Malaga and can get to Torremolinos on the train.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Puerto Rico Gran Canaria (we like the marina suites) or Tenerife lots Cristinanos
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Golden Costa Salou in La Pineda, it’s an adults only hotel and very nice, we stayed there last October. Long promenade to walk along and beach, plus local buses to take you to other towns/resorts
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

We like Thassos Town. Thassos is a Greek Island with smaller hotels in the main town but plenty of lovely bars and restaurants. It’s a nice walk along the front but we like the walk ‘up the hill’ to see the view and to the amphitheater and the ruins.

Or Costa Teguise in Lanzarote, or Alcudia in Majorca. We liked Salou last year and had a great few days at Port Aventura. Salou was quite a big town and we did lots of walking. You can get the train to Barcelona from there too.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 20, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I haven’t stayed in salou but I’ve been to cambrills a tiny bit further along which has an amazing beach and promenade and we love this town. Spanish touristy, I dream of having a holiday home there 😎
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by anna68 View Post
I haven’t stayed in salou but I’ve been to cambrills a tiny bit further along which has an amazing beach and promenade and we love this town. Spanish touristy, I dream of having a holiday home there 😎
We find Salou a bit too busy and touristy, although the beach is beautiful and it’s great for a day trip. We also prefer to stay in a quieter resort nearby like La Pineda or Cambrils. Tarragona is lovely for a day trip on the local buses from this area too, and even Barcelona is close enough to visit too.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Col&Ali
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
We went to Sol Principe Torremolinos last May, AI. It's on the Playamar, it's a pedestrian only prom that runs all the way to Benalmadena. It's about 4 miles one way, loads of beach restaurants and shops along the front. Go back a street or two and there are plenty of tapas bars.

We stayed in Benalmadena years ago when the kids were little and I was very impressed with the seafront and marina … it's on the list! Thank you

Puerto Rico Gran Canaria (we like the marina suites) or Tenerife lots Cristinanos
I remember you recommending this one before and had a nosey at the hotel at the time - very nice. I know Puerto Rico is shaped like a basin - has it got potential for some 5-6 mile walks?

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Golden Costa Salou in La Pineda, it’s an adults only hotel and very nice, we stayed there last October. Long promenade to walk along and beach, plus local buses to take you to other towns/resorts
I'll have a look at this one - if we go in June then the weather should be quite pleasant

Originally Posted by Beth_Disney View Post
We like Thassos Town. Thassos is a Greek Island with smaller hotels in the main town but plenty of lovely bars and restaurants. It’s a nice walk along the front but we like the walk ‘up the hill’ to see the view and to the amphitheater and the ruins.

Or Costa Teguise in Lanzarote, or Alcudia in Majorca. We liked Salou last year and had a great few days at Port Aventura. Salou was quite a big town and we did lots of walking. You can get the train to Barcelona from there too.
I am very interested to hear more about the Greek Islands - we went to Crete last year and I was so disappointed. Our hotel was next to a powerplant with massive towers and nowhere really to walk to. I would love to find a better resort to visit

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
We find Salou a bit too busy and touristy, although the beach is beautiful and it’s great for a day trip. We also prefer to stay in a quieter resort nearby like La Pineda or Cambrils. Tarragona is lovely for a day trip on the local buses from this area too, and even Barcelona is close enough to visit too.
I have always wanted to visit Tarragona and Barcelona so this could be an option …

Thank you all! Keep the suggestions coming
Col&Ali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

We’ve stayed there, it’s a lovely hotel.

The walk along the promenade or rather cliff side walk From Porto Rico to Amadore’s beach is lovely and has amazing sea views?I think it’s about 1km each way.

If looking for a long promenade walk the one between Cala Bona and Sa Coma is a really good one. That’s about 5.5km.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by 2point View Post

Love Torremolinos, went a couple times last year and yes you can walk for miles, I loved La carihuela which is between Torremolinos and Benalmadina, lovely 😊
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List