Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 25 Nov 21, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Auf Wiedersehen Pet

Hard to believe this is 38 yars old now... Started watching this again in its unedited form.

The writing & characters are spot on , Clement & Le Frenais hit a golden streak with Likely Lads, Porridge & this.. I also noted the other night they are writers on The Commitments film

Just as brilliant after all this time although it will never be broadcast in its entirety on terrestrial TV again in this PC age

Edited at 10:15 AM.
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
The first few series were amazing, I wasn't so impressed with the newer ones a few years back , they were good but not great like the originals, they regularly show them on UK drama but a lot of its badly edited 🙈
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
The first few series were amazing, I wasn't so impressed with the newer ones a few years back , they were good but not great like the originals, they regularly show them on UK drama but a lot of its badly edited 🙈
yeah im a purist S1 & S2 are the only ones worth bothering with imo

the edited shows are a travesty... either show it as it was created or dont bother

as i said doubt the unedited ones will ever be broadcast again
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Love this series we’ve got them all on DVD
Old 25 Nov 21, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

One of my most favourite series ever and I'm lucky enough to have the originals on DVD Each character was brilliant and acted so well I think they casted fantastically
Old 28 Nov 21, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post

My DH is a big fan, he was from the very start. In recent years when I have watched it with him, I’ve realised just how bloody clever it is, how good the actors are and how funny it is. Timothy Spall just cracked me up!

Of course, living in the NE ( though I didn’t grow up here) I just totally get the humor.And my brother in law could be a stand in for Jimmy Nail! He can’t sing as well though!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
I can remember my parents watching it as a kid. I was probably to young to get it but loved the theme music.
Old 28 Nov 21, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

I was proper miffed when I found out the German building site was actually in London!
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 01:19 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
Hard to believe this is 38 yars old now... Started watching this again in its unedited form.

The writing & characters are spot on , Clement & Le Frenais hit a golden streak with Likely Lads, Porridge & this.. I also noted the other night they are writers on The Commitments film

Just as brilliant after all this time although it will never be broadcast in its entirety on terrestrial TV again in this PC age
A classic line; the German in charge was berating the lads, when he'd finished he said 'danke schön', and walked away, to which Oz replies, 'aye donkey sh**e t'yea n'all'...
Old 29 Nov 21, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
dogken
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nanna Frozen View Post
My DH is a big fan, he was from the very start. In recent years when I have watched it with him, I’ve realised just how bloody clever it is, how good the actors are and how funny it is. Timothy Spall just cracked me up!

Of course, living in the NE ( though I didn’t grow up here) I just totally get the humor.And my brother in law could be a stand in for Jimmy Nail! He can’t sing as well though!
He was brilliant