Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 3 Sep 17, 05:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Andywag
I want to go now!

Mobile Texas Roadhouse... ohh yeah.

I just thought I'd share my experience with you all.
I've been here 2 weeks now. The wife, two kids 7+3 and myself.

We've done a lot of eating... and I mean a lot and I can honestly say the Texas Roadhouse on the 192 is head and shoulders above anything else we have had here.

It's very busy... I suppose that's a good sign. When we arrived they asked had we been before, I said no, first time, we were seated within 5 mins. Bread rolls and butter and a bucket of peanuts served almost immediately, drinks order taken.

Food order taken when drinks delivered. Kindly offered to bring kids food first if we wanted, we declined but it's nice to be asked.

Kids had hot dogs and chunky chips both had juice.
The dogs were frankfurters but I think that is standard, they were very tasty, not cheep at all. Chips were steakhouse cut and very tasty not the usual greasy mess.

Wife had medallions of fillet steak on bed of speciality rice, chunky chips and sauted onions. Also a coke.
The medallions were sensationally tender, the rice was like a spicy rice, it was gorgeous, the chips were steakhouse cut and well seasoned again dry, crisp and fluffy in the centre. Onions were beautiful, soft, sweet and melt in the mouth just how they should be.

I had 23oz porterhouse (t-bone) with 2 sides of corn and a side of ribs. I had blue lemonade with about 4 refills.
Well what can you say about a perfectly cooked, flamegrilled 23oz t-bone... perfection.
The ribs were fantastic, smoky, meaty and no gristly mess. About an inch of meat either side and between the bones best side order I've ever had. Corn was well seasoned and balanced it out, there was no way I could take any spuds, rice or bread with that much meat.

We also shared a brownie desert, Well when I say we, I didn't actually eat any, I was in a meat coma. Wife and kids couldn't finish it between the 3 of them. They said it was very nice.

It was only $79.53 which is $25 less than I paid for a similar meal at longhorn, and there was no comparison at All, Texas wins hands down.

It was the best meal I've had in Florida and I'm going back Monday night.

I very rarely take to the internet to write a positive review, usually it's only the negative stuff we feel the need to share but this place blew my socks off it was so good.

I hope this review is of help to someone in the area struggling to find a really good affordable feed.
Andywag is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 17, 06:03 AM  
Link to this Post
chrisxal
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
We always have great food at Texas Roadhouse
chrisxal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 17, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
spenners
I'm Ready To Go NOW!

spenners's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Big fan of Texas Roadhouse👍🏻

Las Vegas - October 2023 (6th West Coast Trip)
New York - February 2019 - My 50th Birthday Trip (1st Visit)
Florida - January 2024 - Taking mini me for her 30th birthday (22nd Visit to Florida)
Florida - September 2024 (23rd visit) - just me and hubby
spenners is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 17, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Kate
Very Serious Dibber

Now Texas Roadhouse has opened we never go to Longhorn! Their prime rib is the best!
Old 3 Sep 17, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Aaahhh gutted to read this! - we've just returned from florida and we had Texas Roadhouse on our list and decided against it.

We went a few years ago, as our friends had their best meal there, and we went and I felt everything was too salty. We then avoided it for a couple of years and I only added it in to the itinerary this year based on great Dibb reviews.

However, by coincidence those same friends were in Florida at the same time as us last month, and they said that they'd returned to Texas Roadhouse , and that sadly I'd been right, and everything was salty! So I struck it off my list again!

So... Did they/we just have bad nights or do all you guys just like salty food?
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 17, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
spenners
I'm Ready To Go NOW!

spenners's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Aaahhh gutted to read this! - we've just returned from florida and we had Texas Roadhouse on our list and decided against it.

We went a few years ago, as our friends had their best meal there, and we went and I felt everything was too salty. We then avoided it for a couple of years and I only added it in to the itinerary this year based on great Dibb reviews.

However, by coincidence those same friends were in Florida at the same time as us last month, and they said that they'd returned to Texas Roadhouse , and that sadly I'd been right, and everything was salty! So I struck it off my list again!

So... Did they/we just have bad nights or do all you guys just like salty food?
I think seasoning is down to personal choice, what I think is fine might be too much for someone else and vice versa.

Las Vegas - October 2023 (6th West Coast Trip)
New York - February 2019 - My 50th Birthday Trip (1st Visit)
Florida - January 2024 - Taking mini me for her 30th birthday (22nd Visit to Florida)
Florida - September 2024 (23rd visit) - just me and hubby
spenners is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 17, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordie boy 57
Imagineer

Geordie boy 57's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Texas Roadhouse is our favourite restaurant
First time we went in 2015 we made the mistake of ordering starters which weren't small
After the mains we couldn't get out of our seat
Went twice last year and can't wait to go back next year
As we are stopping at Highgrove at the end of the 192 it will definetly be an Uber night
2018 3 weeks Dibb villa/1 night Clearwater/1 night RPR
2023 Christmas/New Year. Clearwater/Dibb villa/HRH
Geordie boy 57 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 17, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Our favourite restaurant, there is also one up the 27 towards the 50, a bit further to travel but not as busy as the one on the 192.
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 17, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
lawsy
Excited about Disney

Another big fan of Texas Roadhouse here, seems to be our first night meal nowadays.
Oct 13 Calabria
lawsy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 17, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracykph
Excited about Disney

This is our favourite steakhouse also. We are def planning on visiting twice on this trip, we never have a starter but always a dessert, even if we do have to share one. Thanks for the positive review, really looking forward to eating there now.
Tracykph is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List