Notices

Old 1 Sep 19, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Yes keep safe everyone. X
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Whilst I'm now confident our flight will go as planned on Saturday , I'm still not confident our cruise will go as planned as it's a Bahamas cruise. Time will tell . (I do have a back up plan)
We are on a cruise at the moment. Our itinerary has been changed twice already. We were due back tomorrow but 2 days in Cozumel and we were told Nassau would be added on Tuesday but not sure if we will be going there now x
Old 1 Sep 19, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rachy View Post
We are on a cruise at the moment. Our itinerary has been changed twice already. We were due back tomorrow but 2 days in Cozumel and we were told Nassau would be added on Tuesday but not sure if we will be going there now x
You’re not getting the best holiday are you Rachy. At least you won’t forget it
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BigSkip View Post
You’re not getting the best holiday are you Rachy. At least you won’t forget it
To be honest I’m just at the sad point now. So much has happened. 2 major things with missing flight and now this. But other things in middle too. 🙈
Old 1 Sep 19, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
voicon
Apprentice Imagineer

voicon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by grommitt View Post
At least it will stop the scaremongering the other threads
Can you point out where these scaremongering posts are?

I've read most of the threads as I'm here now watching the news and listening to experts say you have to be prepared.
voicon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by voicon View Post
Can you point out where these scaremongering posts are?

I've read most of the threads as I'm here now watching the news and listening to experts say you have to be prepared.
I agree

This was the forecast just a couple of days ago, which clearly led many, including myself, to be concerned about what was happening and potential wind-factor at Miami airport.

I got one am grateful for all the advice and support on the dibb during our last few days in orlando
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 19, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Keep safe Debbie and DonnaD and all my other DIBB friends who have to live through this.

Mick
Thanks Mick, the danger is certainly not over especially in coastal regions. Our schools are already closed Tuesday and I doubt will be open Weds now. I am sure everyone in my neighborhood of well built houses will be fine but that is not the case for many. There are people living in trailers, prefab and old run down houses. Many will not have insurance either.
Old 2 Sep 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Still keeping fingers crossed for everyone in Florida, at time of typing it is still veering up the coast, but the coast could be hit still with lesser winds and Vero DVC has been evacuated.
I just heard stories, don’t know if true, that on Castaway Cay, staff are in some bunker. I hope it isn’t true and they all left.
As for the ‘scaremongering’ let’s hope Florida dodged the bullet. Latest is 13000 homes have potentially been wiped out in the Bahamas. This is with the most powerful hurricane to make landfall.
Keep safe everyone in Florida and elsewhere reading this.
Old 2 Sep 19, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Radio 2 have just announced that flights to And from MCO are being effected by the hurricane - first time I have heard an announcement like that in their travel news bulletin
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 19, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc_Chris
slightly serious Dibber

Thomas Cook are intending to operate all flights to and from MCO both today and tomorrow (we travel on wednesday...)
They will be waiting for advice from MCO before announcing further updates.
Jul '95: Kissimmee/Keys Oct '96/Oct '97/Aug '05/Oct '07: Kissimmee. May '98: Kissimmee Oct '01: RotondaOct 2012:Kissimmee/Anna Maria IslandSep '14: Davenport/RotondaOct '16: Cape Coral/Spring Hill Sep '17: Kissimmee/Rotonda Oct ‘18: Oregon/California Sep ‘19: Highlands Reserve/Bradenton Feb '22: Sunridge Woods Oct '23: New England Road Trip
Manc_Chris is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List