Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Mar 20, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
The problem is that everyone believes the god they worship is the only one, so they can't all be right. Also within the same religion there are various interpretations to the extent that people even kill one another.
No sorry but I dont believe that at all. I respect other people's beliefs and their faith in their own God. But other people ridiculing/making fun etc of my church, my faith, my beliefs, I dont like.

Its been mentioned about abuse by catholic priests... that has happened in all faiths, not just the Catholic faith. But I don't go around throwing it into peoples faces about their faith.

I have never been forced because of fear about my faith, not has my family. The oy fear regarding our faith is walking about the streets of Belfast and N. Ireland and ot being able to wear or say certain things, or have to keep our heads down incase trouble started.
Thankfully those days are a thing of the past nearly now, not everywhere but its a hell of anlot better than what it was.

But no, I respect others and their beliefs, and I doht always think my own God us always right either.

Edited at 06:21 PM.
Irishlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post

People in the southern states in USA despising gay marriages,
This is across the world though and across all Faith's? I'm not sure why you've specifically stated southern states it the US.

Here in N.Ireland the DUP are totally against it, and we even had a bakery refuse to make a gay wedding cake because if their Christian beliefs.
As a catholic that whole thing even shocked me as I honestly didnt think people would go to that extreme, in this day and age.
Irishlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Irishlass View Post
This is across the world though and across all Faith's? I'm not sure why you've specifically stated southern states it the US.

Here in N.Ireland the DUP are totally against it, and we even had a bakery refuse to make a gay wedding cake because if their Christian beliefs.
As a catholic that whole thing even shocked me as I honestly didnt think people would go to that extreme, in this day and age.
I agree, it was simply an example.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Irishlass View Post
No sorry but I dont believe that at all. I respect other people's beliefs and their faith in their own God. But other people ridiculing/making fun etc of my church, my faith, my beliefs, I dont like.

Its been mentioned about abuse by catholic priests... that has happened in all faiths, not just the Catholic faith. But I don't go around throwing it into peoples faces about their faith.

I have never been forced because of fear about my faith, not has my family. The oy fear regarding our faith is walking about the streets of Belfast and N. Ireland and ot being able to wear or say certain things, or have to keep our heads down incase trouble started.
Thankfully those days are a thing of the past nearly now, not everywhere but its a hell of anlot better than what it was.

But no, I respect others and their beliefs, and I doht always think my own God us always right either.
Whether you respect 'their' faiths or not doesn't make you believe their god also exists as well as your god (or does it)?

I haven't made fun of anyones faith/god, but surely people are allowed to have an opinion about religions without people being offended.

The evidence of any of the supernatural powers existing is so incredibly weak as far as I'm concerned that I believe it more likely that Santa Claus is real. I won't be offended should you mock my belief because I am confident enough not to be upset by any remarks anyone makes about me believing santa claus is more likely to exist than a god.

I think it perhaps highlights my point when you say your god/religion isn't always right.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
madasahat
Imagineer

i dont beleave in santa thats ridiculous on the other hand

all hail the flying spaghetti monster and all his noodely goodness
orlando sun Villa 2011 2012 2013 villa velvet 2014 Killa villa 2015 orlando sun villa 2017 lake berkeley 2018 lake berkeley 2022
madasahat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Whether you respect 'their' faiths or not doesn't make you believe their god also exists as well as your god (or does it)?

I haven't made fun of anyones faith/god, but surely people are allowed to have an opinion about religions without people being offended.

The evidence of any of the supernatural powers existing is so incredibly weak as far as I'm concerned that I believe it more likely that Santa Claus is real. I won't be offended should you mock my belief because I am confident enough not to be upset by any remarks anyone makes about me believing santa claus is more likely to exist than a god.

I think it perhaps highlights my point when you say your god/religion isn't always right.
I believe that there are other Gods yes. I believe that there's a reason we all dont have the same God, and there's a reason there are different religions. What that reason is I dont know, and dont care to know either, all I know is that the is no reason to mock, put down or try to blacken the belief of any god.

There's having opinions on things, then there is unjustified, sly digs at things, and attempting to blacken the name of one particular section of a community when infact, its across the board, not restricted to one faith in this case.

I also didnt say that you had made fun of anyones faith, my apologies if it came across like that, i was talking in general. I'm sorry about that confusion.

As for Santa, well I'm not going to mock you for that as I believe too :p

But I would never mock anyones beliefs anyway.
Same goes for those who dont believe in any God. That's up to them, and I'm not going to try and change their mind and force religion down their throat.
Old 31 Mar 20, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

When you question your faith because it can’t provide answers it makes you cynical, imo, and then I just think it’s the biggest con in the world ... whether it’s salvation and heaven or 72 virgins waiting or Valhalla ... sad but that’s how I see it now ...

Edited at 07:35 PM.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
When you question your faith because it can’t provide answers it makes you cynical, imo, and then I just think it’s the biggest con in the world ... whether it’s salvation and heaven or 72 virgins waiting or Valhalla ... sad but that’s how I see it now ...
If you question faith it is not "faith" anymore
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
If you question faith it is not "faith" anymore
Ok ... beliefs then
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Mummys_girl84
Proud to wear my Ears

As a child i went to sunday school, GB etc, got the usual prizes for knowing my bible etc but as an adult I am more open to alternative religions other than the mainstream...an ex-partner of mine was sickeningly abused by members of the Clergy which left him with mental issues that ultimately led to his suicide... the same church condemned him for such action even though they were largely at the root of it... the final nail in the coffin so to speak was when my dear mum passed away 4 years ago... thought I did ensure she was buried from the church she was baptised, confirmed and married in as that was her wish... even after they were bold enough to say she would no longer be a member if she didn't send financial donations a number of years previously...sorry for the essay but as far as im concerned you cant go far wrong by treating others kindly (except my partner's ex) etc
Mummys_girl84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List