Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Apr 20, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rebelrebel View Post
No worries, I thought you were mocking my belief, I accept you weren't
No they were mocking me and my belief. It was my post he quoted. They've picked the wrong person to start with though lol.
Irishlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Irishlass View Post
Listen I'm not going to explain my faith to you. I don't have to. Just because you don't believe in something doesnt mean it doesn't exist. I've never seen A million pounds, but that doesn't mean it doesnt exist.
People believe that astronauts have walked on the moon, some dont believe that... I dont think one set is right and the other set is wrong.

All I know is that I have my faith, I believe in my faith, yes at times I've asked my God answers, never got an answer straight away, but to me God walks in mysterious ways and there will be signs/answers at some stage.
But then again I dont expect miracles either. Sometimes we have to weather the storm to get to the rainbow on the other side. Life isn't meant to be all sunshine and rainbows and easy every day, we all have to be challenged in one way or another... and that's not my religion talking. ... that's called living in the real world.

Religion doesn't have to add up... its not a maths lesson. Hell, life doesn't add up, but all I know is I have my faith, I respect other peoples Faith's and beliefs and I would never, ever dream of mocking their faith, offending them and never ever would I ask them to explain themselves, their faith or their life. That's just downright rude.

whoa i dont think i posted anything aimed at any one person or mocked anyone ? just asked questions which no one seems to answer... how anyone can think our current situation is gods will i really cant comprehend to be honest but everyone is entitled to believe what they want of course

as for the moon landings personally i look at the science & facts

apologies if i came across as rude

on that note im out ...peace
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Sometimes I wish there was a god I could talk to ...
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
barryp1
Imagineer

Just because you don't believe in something doesnt mean it doesn't exist. I've never seen A million pounds, but that doesn't mean it doesnt exist.
A poor analogy. You can prove a million pound exists but you can not prove any god does.
barryp1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
At the moment I just wish there was someone from Virgin Media I could talk to.
Dinglebert is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chair1519 View Post
At the moment I just wish there was someone from Virgin Media I could talk to.
Ty - that made me chuckle
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by SussexFamily View Post
I hope you find one. I always talk to God, through my prayers or when I'm feeling stressed or lonely, never hear back from him but that's ok with me... I'd be worried of I started hearing voices TBF :8 but sometimes I do get comfort from just talking to him.
I talk to my dad too sometimes... again, I'd be freaked out of he replied as he died over 20 years ago. Sometimes i find just talking out loud about something helps me, or at most brings me some sort of comfort.

Originally Posted by barryp1 View Post
A poor analogy. You can prove a million pound exists but you can not prove any god does.
No its really not. I've never seen a million pounds in my life, and I never will. If I was asked to prove it were real, I'd have a very hard job of proving it. I'd never be able to prove it to anyone I know, I can be certain of that.
Irishlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 20, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
No its really not. I've never seen a million pounds in my life, and I never will. If I was asked to prove it were real, I'd have a very hard job of proving it. I'd never be able to prove it to anyone I know, I can be certain of that.
I understand the analogy you are trying to make but you are choosing the wrong one. If you have ever watched the million pound drop then you have seen a million pounds in every episode. I presume you acknowledge that you have seen a pound or a fiver or a tenner in which case a million is only a number more than that.

A million pounds is a real tangible thing. Its easy to prove.
Dinglebert is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 20, 12:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Chair1519 View Post
I understand the analogy you are trying to make but you are choosing the wrong one. If you have ever watched the million pound drop then you have seen a million pounds in every episode. I presume you acknowledge that you have seen a pound or a fiver or a tenner in which case a million is only a number more than that.

A million pounds is a real tangible thing. Its easy to prove.
No I've never watched the show.

But if I was asked to prove a million pound existed I can't, as I don't have it to show, only a picture of alleged money on a tv show. I can't prove that's real money? Considering we teach our children that the majority of tv shows are not real, its made up, fiction, with the exception of the news or live events. If I show them a picture of a million pounds, then its no different to me pointing to the sacred heart picture on my wall.
But to me, and my family and friends God is real to us. Theres never been any question or doubt of it. God is real and we don't need to prove it, we dont need to be shown proof, we dont need to convince ourselves, we just have our faith and our belief.

But again, why should we have to prove it anyway? Why should we have to defend our beliefs? We dont, and won't.
And that goes for all Gods, all Faith's, all religions.

Just because some people choose not to believe, doesn't mean the rest of us have to give up our beliefs, or "show proof" of what we believe in.

I could turn the tables and say, well show me proof there is no such thing as a God, but I wouldn't be that cruel, rude or offensive by saying that, as everyone has the right to believe in whatever they want to.

Edited at 12:57 AM.
Old 2 Apr 20, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

I hope you find one. I always talk to God, through my prayers or when I'm feeling stressed or lonely, never hear back from him but that's ok with me... I'd be worried of I started hearing voices TBF :8 but sometimes I do get comfort from just talking to him.
I talk to my dad too sometimes... again, I'd be freaked out of he replied as he died over 20 years ago. Sometimes i find just talking out loud about something helps me, or at most brings me some sort of comfort.
I was led to believe that I did have a god for a long time ... but when I really looked (when I thought I really needed a god) there was nothing to see. When I asked “why?” There was no response.

I’m genuinely glad you get comfort. I don’t. Which is for me alone to deal with. I am genuinely concerned with the crisis we are currently facing and it brings about a lot of reflection, not from a religious standpoint but more of a personal one. I guess in those circumstances I have a lot of internal dialogue ... which I find to be constructive as I attempt to change and become a better person.

Edited at 07:46 AM.