Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Dec 19, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
animal 1970
Dibbing with Tink

working over the festive period

who else like me and my dd are working over Christmas I am on nights Christmas day and boxing day poor dd new in her job is on nights Christmas eve,christmas day and boxing day
animal 1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 19, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
nasty
Imagineer

Me too. I only have Christmas day off for the next two weeks 😩 joys of working in retail
nasty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 19, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
animal 1970
Dibbing with Tink

yep also the joys of being a nurse for me and care worker for dd at least I get christmas eve off
animal 1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 19, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I feel for you guys, and I'm also grateful for those of you who do essential jobs over Christmas such as the emergency services (including hospitals etc). I don't however, get why shops have to open on boxing day especially shops like Next that open at silly times such as 6am?
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

First time n 40 years I’ve not worked over the holidays
33 as a nurse and 7 as a florist won’t know what to do with my self
Christmas Eve
Bet I’m the most disorganised ever
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 19, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I feel for you guys, and I'm also grateful for those of you who do essential jobs over Christmas such as the emergency services (including hospitals etc). I don't however, get why shops have to open on boxing day especially shops like Next that open at silly times such as 6am?

Shops and pubs near me open on Christmas Day - maybe not Tesco or Waitrose but most others (and I bet give it a year or so and they will also open) plus council services such as refuse and recycling collection happens as if just a usual day - times have changed in this 24/7 world
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 19, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
animal 1970
Dibbing with Tink

I agree I have no choice the nhs does not close but retail does not have to open the bargain hunters will still be willing the day after to spend money working where I do it makes you take stock on how important it is to spend time with family and friends
Old 18 Dec 19, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Wozi
Imagineer

Me, the joys of working for the NHS.
Old 18 Dec 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

My son is a teacher in Vietnam and he is working Christmas Eve then back in on Boxing Day as it’s not really celebrated there. He does enjoy a Christmas dinner though as there is a Welsh owned pub nearby and all the expats goes there on Christmas Day and celebrate together. I’m not sure how he manages to get up and into work on Boxing Day 😂
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m at MH nurse on an OA ward, I’m working Xmas Eve night and NYE night. I’m planning to take some mince pies in for Xmas Eve and some party food and perhaps some non-alcoholic wine (I’m checking this is allowed lol) for the patients on NYE so we can have a little party 🥳
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List