Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 2 Apr 20, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by KRBarnard View Post
Yes, they gave you the tickets that you paid for. It's beyond their control that the parks closed and you can't go within the extended time added by the theme parks themselves 🙄
Or would you be phoning your ticket company when your favourite ride at Disney broke down and you didn't get on it? Same difference...beyond their control.
i dont agree with this at all. Yes it is beyond the control of the ticket companies but they should go back up the chain to the parks not penalise the customer who is also in a beyond their control situation. I have always been asked for the date travelling when buying tickets so I dont agree they have supplied as agreed.
Old 2 Apr 20, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Hawaii04
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

Mobile

Originally Posted by florida addict View Post
i dont agree with this at all. Yes it is beyond the control of the ticket companies but they should go back up the chain to the parks not penalise the customer who is also in a beyond their control situation. I have always been asked for the date travelling when buying tickets so I dont agree they have supplied as agreed.
Exactly. I purchased 14 days entry to Disney and universal from 31st March. They did not supply that. Has anyone got any good experiences in getting refunded as they will be the company getting my money next time. Thanks
Hawaii04 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 20, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

OAT are refusing to honour their deposit only scheme with me because none of my emails from my TA explicitly state that my flights will be cancelled due to Covid-19. The emails just state ‘due to the current situation’. One of the emails from my TA does state that if I wish to claim from my insurance company I should check that I am covered for pandemics which I thought would be proof enough but not according to OAT?!
I understand companies don’t want to lose money but why introduce a scheme if they are then going to make it impossible to honour it? I have now told them to just cancel the tickets, along with the WDW tickets I had also booked with them for December and told them that I will be using a different ticket company in future.
Just to add that following a number of emails back and forth this morning, since I sent my last email at 12:50 this afternoon, once again asking for all tickets to be cancelled and a refund of the 75% to be issued they now seem to be ignoring me, I’ve had no reply and my tickets and bookings haven’t been cancelled 😳

Edited at 07:04 PM.
Princess Ariel is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 20, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We bought our Disney tickets direct from Disney and they’ve extended them to September 2021
We’ve got Seaworld/Busch Gardens tickets with Floridatix and I’m doing to ask them if we can transfer to next year and pay any difference due.
Universal we upgraded to AP which expire in September so we’ve probably lost them
Old 3 Apr 20, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Blueste
Very Serious Dibber

Without checking I think you should be entitled to a full refund as it's goods not received? Also:-

Your travel insurance should cover the difference? Or:-

For those that are not receiving 100% refund and paid by CC, you could claim the difference via a S75 consequential loss.

Edited at 11:44 AM.
Blueste is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 20, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

I booked universal tickets for my mum and dd with Klook. They are offering full refunds on activity bookings upto 30th April.
Just waiting for it to be extended so I can refunded. I think universal will extend them for next year but would just rather have the money back now in case my mum can’t come next year. Or us for that matter.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Robpuguk
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

With regards to Klook... they told me they cancelled my tickets and processed the refund on March 20th... we are now at April 4th and still no sign of the refund.

Have got Barclaycard involved now. Shouldn’t take that long for a payment to clear.
Robpuguk is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
pluto99
Very Serious Dibber

Floridatix took £25 per ticket for our after hours tickets and told 60 days for a refund
pluto99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

ATD saying I have to pay the balance for my tickets by 7th April (was due July) if I want them to be valid until Sept 2021 or they will expire Dec 2020.

We are due to go Aug 2020.

I could cancel and claim deposit back from cr card (maybe, if we can't go in Aug, but I guess if restrictions lifted we wouldn't get that back) or change to 2021 tickets which would expire Dec 2021 for extra £300.

Guess best to pay now - and we'd still be covered by insurance if can't go this or next Aug?
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 20, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Blueste
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by stupet11 View Post
ATD saying I have to pay the balance for my tickets by 7th April (was due July) if I want them to be valid until Sept 2021 or they will expire Dec 2020.

We are due to go Aug 2020.

I could cancel and claim deposit back from cr card (maybe, if we can't go in Aug, but I guess if restrictions lifted we wouldn't get that back) or change to 2021 tickets which would expire Dec 2021 for extra £300.

Guess best to pay now - and we'd still be covered by insurance if can't go this or next Aug?
Pay your balance earlier because you are going to use them later, that makes sense doesn't it!

A lot of companies showing themselves up for what they are during this crisis.
Blueste is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List