Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Sep 20, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Florida virgin View Post
I went late August 2 years ago, we didn't have Express Passes, we should have got them! First ride was over a 90 minute q!
Was it a weekend?
Old 22 Sep 20, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
ABZDisney
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We did two days one night at RPR last November & it worked well for us.
Checked in to the hotel at 8am, got our Express Passes & dropped our luggage with bell services & were into US before 9am.
It was two full on days but we loved it & got everything done that we wanted, the express passes made all the difference.
We'd definitely do it again the next time we go but would probably do it at the start of the trip, Universal is way smaller than WDW so easier to get around, so we'd do two or three nights there before heading to Disney.
November 2014 at Old Key West & The Yacht Club
November 2012 at The Swan
ABZDisney is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
deek72
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by KitCat2019 View Post
Currently debating squeezing in some time at Universal but not sure the cheapest way to do it. We're hoping to be there next August for 3 weeks.

It's been recommended that we stay on site to get the fast pass deals but we're thinking just one night as we have a villa booked.

But looking at the prices, it'll be about £1400 to stay one night and get the tickets for 4 of us!

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!
Have you checked prices properly? I've just paid £770 for 3 rooms (1 night) at Royal Pacific through Ebookers. It is early September, granted, but your seems disproportionately more expensive.
deek72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post
deek72
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ABZDisney View Post
We did two days one night at RPR last November & it worked well for us.
Checked in to the hotel at 8am, got our Express Passes & dropped our luggage with bell services & were into US before 9am.
It was two full on days but we loved it & got everything done that we wanted, the express passes made all the difference.
We'd definitely do it again the next time we go but would probably do it at the start of the trip, Universal is way smaller than WDW so easier to get around, so we'd do two or three nights there before heading to Disney.
That's our plan exactly
deek72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I think it might depend on how late the parks stay open!

I've never spent more than 2 days in Universal on any of my Orlando trips (usually it's just 1 day), and always get the Express pass. I generally manage (as a solo tourer) to go on all the major rides (Gringotts, Hulk, Hogwarts Express, Forbidden Journey, and last trip also got on Hagrid's, RRR, and a few others) and also a number of the less major rides (Trolley in the Sky, Cat in the Hat, Flight of the Hippogriff, Men in Black, Simpsons) in a single day... but this is provided Universal closes late-ish, at 8pm or later. If Universal closes earlier I would imagine it might be a bit harder to fit in everything in 1 day, but 2 days should be do-able!

That being said I'm not sure how things are with the current safe distancing arrangements or whether queues might take longer with need for cleaning, so it might take longer to get around the parks?
Old 24 Sep 20, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Nelly7
Excited about Disney

We stayed at Disney summer 2019, however did 2 Days at Universal and 1 night staying in the loews royal pacific resort, which gave us the express passes for both days. We checked In at 7am on the first morning at the hotel and got the EP and got straight to the parks for early opening. We went at the beginning of Aug and found it gave us plenty of time over the 2 days to do everything. We paid for the park hopper tickets as it gave us more flexibility over the 2 days.
Nelly7 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 20, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
smudgester
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by deek72 View Post
Have you checked prices properly? I've just paid £770 for 3 rooms (1 night) at Royal Pacific through Ebookers. It is early September, granted, but your seems disproportionately more expensive.
I am assuming their £1400 included park tickets; Paying for a room at the hotel only gets you the room and express passes - it doesn't actually get you into the park.

Staying on site at one the qualifying hotels - we stayed at RPR - and getting the unlimited Express Pass would definitely enable you to do everything at both parks in 2 days.

Whether a stay at the hotel is beneficial depends on how many people are staying; you pay for the room but everyone in the room gets their own Unlimited Express Pass (which cost $90 each). 3/4 people staying in the room and it's a no brainer IMHO.
smudgester is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
This is our plan next time. We have stayed 3 nights at Universal's Sapphire Falls in the past at the beginning of the holiday but our family thought staying at Universal was expensive (especially when put against of the 'all inclusive' feel of the DDP). Drinks, water, food etc, all added up. They wanted to spend more time in Disney (and therefore have the DDP) and just go for one night at Universal with the Express pass.

This is why we're opting for RPR this time. We usually get Universal done in two days without Express (thanks to my park planning) but Express would allow more chill time

I might also consider Club for the free stuff

Edited at 03:06 PM.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 20, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida virgin
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
Was it a weekend?
I can't remember, I don't think it was.
Old 4 Oct 20, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
KitCat2019
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks everyone (haven't been online for a while, sorry for the delay!).

Really great tips. Love the Dibb!

We're going to wait to see how things are but likely to do 2 days one night before we start Disney. We have most things booked liked the villa, flights and car plus the Disney days (all with minimum risk if we cancel) so can start to save for extras.
KitCat2019 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List