Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Jun 15, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracykph
Excited about Disney

Fly to New York Monday Just a couple of questions

Hi

Our first trip to NY on Monday, could anyone recently back advise us of the Yellow Cab taxi fare from JFk to Times Square inc tip etc?

Is the Red Stair ticket place easy to spot in Times Sq we want to try and get Jersey Boy tickets?

Is there much to do in Terminal 3 Heathrow or should we stock up on magazines?

How early would you recommend eating for dinner at the following places: Planet Hollywood, Ellens Diner, Johns Pizzeria and Hard Rock
we thought about 6.30? Don't want to queue for too long as we are aiming for early starts for sight seeing each day mostly walking.

Look forward to your replies.

Tracy and Paul
Tracykph is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 15, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Can't answer all your questions but...
We were $59 + Tip from JFK to Manhattan and our return Taxi was $65 + Tip and you will easily find the Red Stair Ticket place in Times Square, but it was so busy we didn't bother (Wished we'd thought to book before we went really)
Emjoy your trip.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 15, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracykph
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Fairygodmother View Post
Can't answer all your questions but...
We were $59 + Tip from JFK to Manhattan and our return Taxi was $65 + Tip and you will easily find the Red Stair Ticket place in Times Square, but it was so busy we didn't bother (Wished we'd thought to book before we went really)
Emjoy your trip.
Thank you for your reply, we saw the Jersey Boys on the UK tour recently and decided to see the show in NY, will try our best and see what happens.

Is the tip 18% like you would for restaurant service?

Thanks

Tracy
Tracykph is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 15, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

These have some offers on Jersey boys tickets broadwaybox Tickets from $57 not sure if that's any good to you.

I think cabs is 15% tip but I may be wrong.

Hope you have a great time!
Old 5 Jun 15, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
wintersun
Apprentice Imagineer

wintersun's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 10
Although the ticket booth is busy the queue goes quickly, we queued last July and hot good seats to see Cinderella.
wintersun is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 15, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tracykph View Post
Is there much to do in Terminal 3 Heathrow or should we stock up on magazines?
Been almost a year since I flew from T3 Heathrow. From what I remember (it might have changed!):
- Before security: there are some places to eat e.g. Pret, Leon, Krispy Kreme, a pub, and a couple of others. Also a WH Smith and a store selling London souvenirs.
- After security: right after security there is a huge duty free store selling the usual duty free range. Then a range of shops after that that include things like Harrods, Hamleys, WH Smith, a shop that sells travel bags?, Dixons, etc. Also some places to eat, I seem to remember that there was a Yo Sushi but not sure if it was still there.

I usually found I had enough to do to occupy 3 hours (as I always try to get to the airport 3 hours before my flight) - would check in, then maybe sit in Pret or Krispy Kreme or Leon and eat something, then go through security, do a bit of shopping and wandering around the shops, and then it would be almost time to head to my gate.
Old 6 Jun 15, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie Girl
Imagineer

Yorkie Girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
We ate at Planet Hollywood on Sunday at lunchtime and it was empty, so unless it fills up for dinner you might not need to worry about a queue (also, it was really good ).
Yorkie Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 15, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread