Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 28 Feb 21, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Split stay or not? wwyd?

Hi

So this may all be pointless anyway as its for our October trip but I like being organised.

We have a DVC booking at home resort (my mums DVC), we booked a 2 bed BLT for 6 nights thinking we would then head to the beach for 2 nights, universal for 2 nights then we finish off in a villa for a week. My plan was always to change the BLT booking to SSR as thats where we prefer. Last time we were at BLT the kids struggled to get to sleep with the water pageant and fireworks (but that was the 2nd week of our trip so they weren't as tired as they would have been in week 1 and it was a good few years ago so they're older and slightly less annoying now )

So, change day is approaching and I (stupidly) said to my 13 year old "oh you prefer SSR don't you?" she said no, she likes BLT as its a proper hotel and we can walk to MK and get the monorail places. She also likes wandering over to the contemporary and she loves the BLT pool. Well that taught me.

The thing is, I had decided to use the drop in points to extend our onsite stay, cut down the moving around and do 8 nights SSR then move to RPR and just do a day trip to the beach. I can't do that at BLT as its too many points to just add on to the end of our booking ( I wouldn't ask mum to borrow as she's planning on going herself next year) and there's not availability to drop to a 1 bed at BLT to do it that way. There are 2 nights not available typically.

So, I've come up with a few options and I've been thinking about it so much that I can't see the wood for the trees anymore. I hasten to add that my dd has also said she'll stay wherever and will be happy just to get to go but I'd be lying if shes not got my mind spinning a bit.

Option 1 - 8 nights SSR (2 bed), 2 nights RPR then villa

Option 2 - 6 nights BLT (2 bed), 2 nights beach, 2 nights RPR then villa

Option 3 - 3 nights BLT (1 bed), 5 nights SSR (2 bed), 2 RPR then villa.

Option 4 - 3 nights BLT 1 bed, 2 nights Vero Beach (This would cover the weekend) then 4 nights BLT 1 bed, 1 RPR then villa.

So, what would you do? I'm swinging more towards option 1 or 3, if we did 3, changeover day would be the Saturday so we would probably just hit a park for a couple of hours in the morning then move. I feel like option 1 is just so much easier but also love the idea of walking into MK. Help!
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
As much as I agree about the location of BLT I think I’d go with option 1. It’s less moving about and probably what swings it for me is the 2 bed villa over a 1 bed. Plus you can walk to DS of an evening which you’d probably do more often than walking to MK.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
As much as I agree about the location of BLT I think I’d go with option 1. It’s less moving about and probably what swings it for me is the 2 bed villa over a 1 bed. Plus you can walk to DS of an evening which you’d probably do more often than walking to MK.
This is so true, the 2 bed is a big plus especially with BLT as its still the sofa bed so putting that and the sleeper chair back every day is just another thing to do! I like the idea of unpacking for 8 nights and getting settled, plus with SSR just being refurbed it'll be lovely.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
This is so true, the 2 bed is a big plus especially with BLT as its still the sofa bed so putting that and the sleeper chair back every day is just another thing to do! I like the idea of unpacking for 8 nights and getting settled, plus with SSR just being refurbed it'll be lovely.
We stayed in a studio at BLT once and I found it very small, especially with the sofa bed out. We haven’t stayed at SSR but in a 2 bed villa at OKW and it was such a great size!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
We stayed in a studio at BLT once and I found it very small, especially with the sofa bed out. We haven’t stayed at SSR but in a 2 bed villa at OKW and it was such a great size!
OKW looks amazing, we've never made it there before but SSR is so nice and peaceful. I do fancy OKW but I'm also not great with change lol. I hate trying to find my bearings and all that. I just think with things they way they are, we may spend a bit more time at the resort than normal so the space is a good thing plus DS is mega handy.
Old 28 Feb 21, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
vegboatride
Excited about Disney

I’d pick option 3. Since discovering packing cubes I’m happy to change hotels a few times plus I like the variety that different locations offer. Whatever you decide you’ll have a fab time. We are hoping for an October trip too 🤞
vegboatride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by vegboatride View Post
I’d pick option 3. Since discovering packing cubes I’m happy to change hotels a few times plus I like the variety that different locations offer. Whatever you decide you’ll have a fab time. We are hoping for an October trip too 🤞
Ohhh packing cubes are a good idea if we do decide to switch. I'm going to go through it all with hubby later and see what he thinks. Heres hoping we actually make it!
Old 6 Mar 21, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

we've decided to do 8 nights in a 2 bed at SSR, explained it all to dd and she can see why it makes sense. We gave her the option of OKW or SSR and sent her away with videos of them both and she chose SSR. I can change it over today, then we just need to hope we make it!
Old 6 Mar 21, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
vegboatride
Excited about Disney

Aww great you’ll have a fabulous time. I’m eagerly awaiting our 7 month mark in order to change our SSR booking (we’ve stayed there many times) to some new locations. But honestly I don’t mind where we end up I just want to get there 🤞
vegboatride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 21, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by vegboatride View Post
Aww great you’ll have a fabulous time. I’m eagerly awaiting our 7 month mark in order to change our SSR booking (we’ve stayed there many times) to some new locations. But honestly I don’t mind where we end up I just want to get there 🤞
aww good luck! I need to add 1 night on tomorrow but can't see any issues with that. I really so hope we get to go too!