Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 22 Feb 21, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by phi2012 View Post
We had a similar issue on our trip in 2019.
Every Disney holiday we have started our first morning at ohana breakfast, but that last year was awful, food was OK, but service was so so poor. The server was grumpy, and spent most of his time talking to another table near us, and only came over to us to drop the food off then came back to drop the bill off, didn't even ask if we wanted more drinks or food, and by the time he came back we were just ready to get out of there as it had already been over an hour.
The characters were OK, but much quicker than previous visits, and even had to ask if one of the characters could come back as a member of our party was in the toilet, we were met with a grump from the characters handler and 'if we have time we'll come back', wouldn't have minded but our server hadn't advised us the characters were on there way to us, which they always have done previously (probably coz our server didn't come to the table at all) but when you are paying such a premium for a meal you expect some level of service. It is such a shame as we will not waste our money there next holiday and used to be a must do.

We also love trex, I know it gets a lot of hate, but we've always had good meals and good service there.

I also don't think tiffins gets as much love as it should. Every meal we've had there has been amazing and well worth the cost, but I suppose not to everyone's taste.
I always think, should we give dinner a try as it may well be a completely different experience, but then I remember that day, and standing at the front desk at POFQ after 10 hours in MK complaining (I also complained whilst there) and how crap it made me feel, that I don't think we ever would go back.

T Rex is one of our faves, always will be I think as it caters to everyone and the theming is just brilliant. I've looked at Tiffins a few times, but never fancied it, maybe i'll look again!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 21, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Another that had a good meal at Mama Melrose, if I was hyper critical I'd say that my cheese pasta was over done but it tasted good & the steak was really good.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 21, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Another that had a good meal at Mama Melrose, if I was hyper critical I'd say that my cheese pasta was over done but it tasted good & the steak was really good.
SD
I had the same entree and I thought it was fab too

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 21, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
nasty
Imagineer

Worst for us
Beaches and Cream
Garden Grill

Best
Liberty Tree Tavern
Olivias
nasty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 21, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Worst ever Disney dining experience was Flying Fish. Often raved about but we were seated practically in the foyer, service was shocking, two courses flung at us within thirty minutes, food meh, no white wine under five years old! Only time I have ever contacted Disney to lodge a complaint.
I'd be curious to know if you'd give Flying Fish another chance one day. Sounds like it was an awful experience but it's quite possible that you were just unlucky that day.
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 21, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DM275011
Getting Excited

I think that the breakfast buffets tend to be much better than lunch/dinner at Boma and Garden Grill and enjoy both. Didn't like Tutto Italia (completely packed, over priced and food wasn't great). Sanna has also gone down hill IMHO. Best restaurant on Disney Property for us is Boathouse, not cheap but always have a great meal there.
DM275011 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Everyone always seems to rave about Mama Melrose, but we've not eaten there since 2011 - our experience was horrific. 90 minute wait, terrible wine, luke warm food. No ta.

Via Napoli also always seems to get good reviews but we were just a bit 'meh' with it. The pizza was just a bit wet and soggy for us!

TBH, however, aside from this, I would struggle to find a restaurant at Disney that we haven't had a good meal in. Le Cellier is not as good as it used to be for us, but I think that's more because we've discovered other restaurants that we prefer to eat at... rather than a substantial dip in quality for Le Cellier!

The Boathouse, Narcoossee's and California Grill are still our stand outs. They're the restaurants that make it onto our 'must do' list, time and time again.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 21, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by nasty View Post
Worst for us
Beaches and Cream
Garden Grill

Best
Liberty Tree Tavern
Olivias
Yes Olivias is another hidden gem. And we do love LTT!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List