Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Feb 21, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Concerned
slightly serious Dibber

September still on?

I have booked two weeks starting on 25 September 2021. I will be VERY pi**ed off indeed if I have to cancel.
I'm OK with wearing masks but forking out hundreds more for tests before getting there and coming back is unacceptable, let alone the bonkers idea of two weeks isolation in a hotel.

What are the odds on a level of normality coming back by late September? By then everyone over 40 will have had at least one jab, and the over 60s will have had both jabs. Probably the same in the USA. I see no reason why there should still be travel curbs by that date.

Edited at 01:44 PM.
Concerned is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 21, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Im due to go mid October and I have written that off. Masks is a show stopper for us though.
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 21, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
MrIncredible
Animal Kingdom Lodge Guest

I think the chances of anyone from the UK holidaying in the USA this year are very low indeed.

The people merrily posting away about their trips in August/September are deluding themselves I think.
MrIncredible is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 21, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Concerned
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Donz1979 View Post
Im due to go mid October and I have written that off. Masks is a show stopper for us though.
There are different showstoppers for different people. Masks is not an issue for me.
Old 11 Feb 21, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Concerned
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by MrIncredible View Post
I think the chances of anyone from the UK holidaying in the USA this year are very low indeed.

The people merrily posting away about their trips in August/September are deluding themselves I think.
Too early to tell. I think late September is 60/40 on in my opinion. Once enough people are vaccinated governments will run out of excuses to lock us up. I can cancel until late August so I'll hold fire until then.
Old 11 Feb 21, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

I’m 60/40 in favour of my November trip happening. It’s more of a shopping trip so we’re not bothered about masks.

I can see/hope some sort of corridor being put in place between us and the USA, given our vaccination programmes.

I’m sure we will have to fork out for tests here and there.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 21, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveyJ
Imagineer

I don't mind tests at either end, there's only two of us, and self isolation at home if necessary but that's my limit. Any need to isolate on arrival or return at my own expense is a non-starter.
SteveyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 21, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Icey
Excited about Disney

Mobile

When Nicola sturgeon was asked today about summer holidays, she said “I’m pretty certain I’ll be saying don’t go overseas”
Icey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 21, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I won’t be angry if my September trip is cancelled, as I am already prepared for that possibility and I booked it knowing it could be cancelled. I would say we are less than 20% confident it will go ahead.

I don’t find test unacceptable, I have assumed it will be required, but I realise that it would be a huge expense for some. I think I am ok with mask wearing, the quarantine in a hotel would be my deal breaker.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 21, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

It will be different variants that will stop us I reckon. Can't see the US letting us in this year if I'm honest.
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List