Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 21 Feb 21, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
assos
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tillyfloss View Post
My only negative is the studios. No idea why but I’ve never liked the 2 bed arrangement.
For me, the 2 bed arrangement was perfect, going with a friend it let us share a room to keep costs down, while each having a proper bed. In 2014 it worked out cheaper staying at OKW with full DDP than a moderate and upgrading from QSDP. The following year I’m not sure if we even gave much consider to other resorts we enjoyed our stay so much!
Old 21 Feb 21, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Thank you so much for all your replies ..I am really liking the sound of OKW..i feel quite excited about having thought of a new resort..
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Peanutt
VIP Dibber

Peanutt's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We stayed in a 2 bed - were actually pleasantly surprised! Staff were lovely and helpful, Olivias was better than we expected. We stayed Millers Road area - had a great view and literally one block from the small pool which was perfect for our family as we mainly had it to ourselves along with a spa/hot tub... We did have a car - the reality is we rarely used it and preferred the buses as they literally dropped us off at the front of every park! Didnt have to wait long to get back either. Walk to HH was short and we used the bus or boat depending on times for disney springs. Would have no issues recommending or staying again :-)

Small (compared to the others) pool area - our room was the first floor balcony but the one furthest away

view from our room
Peanutt is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
sashadog
Imagineer

We’ve stayed twice at okw in a one bed both times ❤️ It’s absolutely our favourite resort it is big but that’s never bothered us and we don’t drive out there x
sashadog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
We've stayed there a few times, always in a 1-bed. The amount of space you get is fantastic.

On our first stay we just took what we were given, which was a room towards the back of the resort, but very close to a "quiet pool" with its own small bar/food place.

On subsequent stays we used the Touring Plans room request service and always got what we wanted which was sort of just across the bridge from the main resort facilities, which was very handy for walking to, and staggering back from, the Gurgling Suitcase!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 21, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Lou1982
VIP Dibber

Lou1982's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 22
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We stayed in a 2 bed in 2018, we were in the Old Turtle Pond Road area. I really wasn't sure about the resort before we went, we only chose it as we wanted a 2 bed villa to accommodate a larger family group and OKW was the most reasonably priced.

I absolutely loved it. The 2 bed villa was huge. We were really near a bus stop and a quiet pool and it was an easy walk up to the main pool/check in area. We did have a car but you really didnt need it.

We would really happily stay here again
Lou1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 21, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Bozza those pictures make me so sad that we never got there in may I can only hope for our booking in September
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 21, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Peanutt View Post
We stayed in a 2 bed - were actually pleasantly surprised! Staff were lovely and helpful, Olivias was better than we expected. We stayed Millers Road area - had a great view and literally one block from the small pool which was perfect for our family as we mainly had it to ourselves along with a spa/hot tub... We did have a car - the reality is we rarely used it and preferred the buses as they literally dropped us off at the front of every park! Didnt have to wait long to get back either. Walk to HH was short and we used the bus or boat depending on times for disney springs. Would have no issues recommending or staying again :-)

Small (compared to the others) pool area - our room was the first floor balcony but the one furthest away

view from our room
It was our first on site stay. Something I really like about the place, captured by those photos. I also like SSR. In fact I like all Disney resorts, my least favourite being Animal Kingdom due to lack of walking facilities.