Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 24 Feb 21, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

Websites with no cancellation fees for booking Universal Hotel

Hi

Just wondering if you can offer any reputable website for booking 1 night at a Universal Hotel with free cancellation?

I already have a night booked via Booking.com with free cancellation, just looking at potentially moving my date but they don't have the room type I have booked (kids suite) on any other date during my holiday.

Have found it on other sites, but they have cancellation fees.
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post

I usually book with Universal direct. If you have revolut or a currency card with USD on it then you can pay using that. Free cancellation and their refunds usually take about 5-7 days to come back to you. I've had so many that I've booked and cancelled over the last year I'm surprised i'm not blacklisted!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lydscl View Post
I usually book with Universal direct. If you have revolut or a currency card with USD on it then you can pay using that. Free cancellation and their refunds usually take about 5-7 days to come back to you. I've had so many that I've booked and cancelled over the last year I'm surprised i'm not blacklisted!
I actually emailed universal to ask about cancellation as I wasn’t 100% sure but they weren’t clear either not sure if it was wrong dept. Is it def 100% free?
Travel republic sometimes is competitive just check their cancellation terms

Edited at 01:00 PM.
Tweety1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by lydscl View Post
Looks like you have to book a minimum of 4 nights and I only want 1
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Try hotels.com and ebookers
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinythepanda
Getting Excited

I’ve just booked 4 nights with Agoda with free cancellation. Didn’t need to pay a deposit either.
Tinythepanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post

I've booked 1 nighters (have to pay full amount) and i've booked multi nights (deposit only) and have had them all refunded when cancelled with no issues. But if you're looking for a guarantee then booking.com usually has free cancellation rates available and i believe travel republic has low deposits so you may only lose like £15 or something like that.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I always book directly with Loews. They take a one night deposit but it is refundable, there is no minimum nights.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
pdcdad
VIP Dibber

Expedia with Quidco cash back I’ve booked for 3 nights next May 😄
pdcdad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Firekat View Post
Looks like you have to book a minimum of 4 nights and I only want 1
Odd, perhaps I was looking at a package page - I have just managed to book 1 night with kids suite via universal for the night I wanted to move to.

Checked and it is free cancellation as long as you cancel at least 5 days before your stay 👍

Thanks for the help xx