Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Feb 21, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

Mobile Teen says no more disney

We've been chatting about next years hols what to do ect and oldest DS 16 says we've done orlando/Disney loads so wants to go somewhere else 😩.
I love our Orlando holidays and I know its daft but its upset me a bit.
I don't know what to do now want to book something to look forward to.
fluffychicken is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
It's a "phase"
My 3 went through this 😊 🤣
They all return.

Sorry I know its concerning you, hope it all works out.
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
nolypops83
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by fluffychicken View Post
We've been chatting about next years hols what to do ect and oldest DS 16 says we've done orlando/Disney loads so wants to go somewhere else 😩.
I love our Orlando holidays and I know its daft but its upset me a bit.
I don't know what to do now want to book something to look forward to.
As long as you're paying, you get to decide where you go. You could always give him the choice to stay at home.

Maybe still do Disney and Universal but add on a few days in New York or somewhere else to mix things up a bit.
Old 28 Feb 21, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

Mobile

I said never again and so did my brother's when we were teenagers.

My mum and dad went a few times without us. They had a big holiday themselves for their 25th wedding anniversary.

Myself and one of my brothers started going again when we were mid 20's and still go most years. Last year's cancelled holiday was for my 40th birthday.

My youngest brother has only been to Florida once and hated it. He was unwell at the time so it put him off going back. He stays home with the dogs while the rest of us go on holiday.
Mariesmith is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
BonbonPrincess2
VIP Dibber

BonbonPrincess2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
It’s upsetting when they are not keen but you love it so much. My DH is not a massive fan and DD didn’t enjoy a few years ago (especially rope drops and was a grump) so the last time they went on a ‘cultural trip’ to Paris and just me and youngest DD went. It was fab and I did feel guilty ... until I got in the Parks and put my daily plan in action!

DL, Holiday Inn Maingate - 1994 / DLP, Sante Fe - 1996 / DLP, off site - 1998 / DLP, Newport Bay - 2009 / DW, ASM - July 2012 / DW, OKW - Aug 2014 / UOR, Royal Pacific - Aug 2016 / DW, POFQ - Aug 2018 / DW, POFQ Aug 21 cancelled / DW, POFQ Aug 22 YES YES
BonbonPrincess2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Our eldest stopped coming with us for a few years when he turned 18 as he wanted to spend his annual leave on holidays with friends and girlfriend at the time.
However, he soon realised he missed it and started coming again when he was 21.
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

At that age we changed it up to California, lots for teens to see there plus a fix of Disneyland

It is now our holiday of choice, it’s fantastic
Edie ray is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

If we are paying, we choose! Obviously you want to include them and for them to enjoy it but if I really wanted to do something I would do it.
Dd17 is mithering for us to book for next year as wants to do all the Star Wars weve not done!
You just adjust the holiday, MK might not have the same appeal so maybe leave him at the pool while you go and do that.
What's his suggestion for a holiday?
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I have suggested that he and DH do something else but DH is useless at planning so he doesn't know what to do. I just want to book so I have something to look forward to.
fluffychicken is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 21, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
FeFe
VIP Dibber

FeFe's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
My 2 are 26 and 16. We've talked about going elsewhere and even looked into booking then say "oh but we'll miss this" and "remember that" and end up booking Orlando again. We did tag New York on for my 40th and loved that so for my 50th in 3 years I fancy doing NY, Las Vegas then back to Orlando for the 2 weeks. Best of all options 😃
June 14 New York and Summer Bay
May 17 DIBB villa and Hard Rock
March 18 Hotel Metro New York
October 18 Majorca
June 19 Dibb Villa and Hard Rock
June 2022 dibb villa and Hard Rock
June 2024 Heron Villa again hard rock and poss beach club for couple of nights
FeFe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List