Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Aug 20, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Mine stopped around 17 when they started going on lads holidays with their friends, but started to come with us now and again with girl friends and now will come every couple of years with their wives and our Grandchildren.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post

My DS's are now 18 and 21 and still love going
Old 10 Aug 20, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post

Mine were 20,18 and 13 on the last trip. All enjoyed it. DS 20 had said he wasn't coming and then added on at great expense later. He has done this twice now 😕

They have been to the parks a good few times over the years and may feel they have "done" it too. But still enjoy. We just do less park time, and more other stuff. Also tend to do multi centres by being creative with our Indirect routings. I think if we went back to 2-3 weeks full parks they would be sitting in the villa refusing to come. They would however require a full list of adrs before deciding whether it not to come. Food rules.

Oh, and GE. Both the older two very keen to go. But only when finished. Not too fond of HS with all the hoarding everywhere.

Next going in 2022. All interested ATM but have asked where we are going en-route.

Edited at 08:50 AM.
Old 10 Aug 20, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
My kids are still coming., 34 & 36.

Disney332
Mine as well at 31 and 23

Now got grandkids coming too

We love it
Old 10 Aug 20, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

My older two gutted at 25 & 24 gutted we went without them, they definitely still want to come with us
Old 10 Aug 20, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

I think my son 20 won't come on hols with us anymore regardless where we go, didn't seem bothered last Florida visit in Nov last year.
But my daughter 24 would still come as long as she didn't have to pay .
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hogwarts View Post
My kids are 18 and 17 and I really want to go next year for my 50 th,I’ve asked them both if they want to come and there like yeah if you want but there not that bothered .Im getting obsessed with going but should I bother ? Spending 5k plus when the kids aren’t really bothered should I just save the money, wish they were still little! Been 4 times so they have been spoilt really. Husbands not that bothered either but he’s just tight with money ha ha
Not WDW specifically, but a bit of hope for you.

I stopped going on family holidays (eg to Wales / Devon / Isle of Wight) when I was 17 - I went along when I was 16, but just got the train to join them for one week, so I could stay home and work for an extra week to save up money for the holiday. I started going along again when I had a partner (and a full time job to pay for it!) and now we’ve had some lovely big family holidays with the children.

It might be a matter of giving it ten years or so, and you could find yourself enjoying a huge family trip with grandchildren for your 60th (I’m kind of telling myself the same thing about the future - like you, I caught myself wishing mine were still little. We were supposed to be taking our children to Disney World for the first time tomorrow, and now we’ve got to wait two years and I don’t think it will be the same. So Plan B is to enjoy a trip with our slightly older children (they’ll be 15 and 11) in 2022, and maybe we’ll get to go back with little grandchildren in the future!)

What I’m trying to say is, don’t worry if they don’t want to join you right now - it doesn’t mean they’ll never want to come along again. Things change, and often for the better!
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025

Edited at 10:02 AM.
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

We should have been going in two weeks ☹️ and our kids (22 and 19) were coming, along with DD’s boyfriend. They’re all very eager to rebook for next year.
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 20, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

The last time one of ours came with us he was 29 his GF also came and they would both love to go back but they can’t afford it at the moment .
Marriage and an 11 month old daughter has had a bit of an impact on the finances
Old 10 Aug 20, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Cosworth
Apprentice Imagineer

Kids are late 30s and early 40s, still want to go every year with us. Don't think it will ever end. They still love planning and finding new things to do and see in Florida.
Cosworth is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List