Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Aug 20, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Scoop
Excited about Disney

Advice please

My ex and I have been separated now for nearly 2 years and I am getting grief of his new partner. We were together for 27 years and he got with her quite quickly after the break up. We have an adult daughter, two dogs and a house which I still live in. He helps me financially with the house as it seemed stupid to sell it and start again when we only have 4 years left on the mortgage. The house has always even before the break up meant to be an asset for our child in the future.
Sorry to rant but she doesn't like me and our history. She even demanded that I have no contact with my in laws.I have told her I have moved on and never want him back. All he wants to do is come for the dogs and walk them without any issues. I have even told her she can come for the dogs too. What more can I do? If I am in the wrong please say x
Scoop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Nothing to do with you in my opinion
Your ex and her need to deal with her insecurities .
Good luck
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

I think she has the problem not you. Like you say she doesn't like the fact that you have history with her partner. That is not going to change. She needs to grow up, any divorced person is going to have an ex somewhere. She sounds very insecure and perhaps your ex needs to have a word with her. Also I wouldn't like an ex's partner coming on the scene telling me what I can and can't do. If you want to see your in-laws, see them. They are your daughters grandparents.

Edited at 10:56 AM.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

You don’t have to do anything - personally I would ignore her and not give her the time of day. As Lisbon says she is your ex husbands problem not yours.

Edited at 10:34 AM.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hi there,

I have and still do to a certain extent have a ‘tricky’ relationship with my exes wife. I assume like me you are trying your best to keep everything amicable for the sake of your daughter and as a result have to bite your tongue! It seems though that the only person who has an issue is her and if your ex and his parents are happy with how things are then you should keep things the same ... she is obviously trying to exert some influence over the situation which really has nothing to do with her and which indicates that she maybe feels threatened by you and the positive relationships you have kept going. I don’t feel that you could or should be doing anything differently and I really hope things stay positive for you x
Old 30 Aug 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Scoop
Excited about Disney

Thank you all. My ex and I are still friends cause we are adults and have excepted the situation. I am still friendly with my in laws too as I only have a very small immediate family. She is divorced but due to there being no ties she has completely cut herself off from him. I will just step back and take deep breathes 😂
Scoop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List