Old 17 Jan 21, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
I’ll be following along on this thread. We’ve got preferred rooms booked fir this summer 🤞🏼 Thinking of swapping to the standard tower rooms which are a bit cheaper than what we’ve got booked? 🤔

Really looking forward to staying here. Let’s hope we can!

Kat
I would, especially if they’re cheaper. We were in preferred in 2019 and some are not actually that close to the amenities. We didn’t feel very “preferred” in Casitas 2. The tower is much closer. Although the downside is it doesn’t have it’s own pool and it’s the last stop on the bus route.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

We're not booking a hotel yet for our October trip (waiting to see how both the real world and the Disneyworld look) but at the moment we are torn between Gran Destino Tower and Dolphin.

Really good to see so many positive views on CSR. I prefer to drive so the buses are less of an issue for us. I don't mind the more subtle theming - I'm getting too old for that now. However, it was only in the last couple of days I found out about the reason behind the name of the tower - a collaboration between Walt and Salvador Dali called Destino - which is what a lot of the art etc is based on.
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 21, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We stayed in 2019. We were in one of the out buildings but very close to the tower, I cant remember what it was called. I imagine as long as you stay in the tower, it will be great, but we really didn’t like it where we were. The only positive was the pool right behind our building which was always empty. I wouldn’t pay the extra to stay there again. We have stayed at Animal kingdom 3 times and we love it there, so maybe we were just comparing unfairly. But in the smaller building it feels like a value resort for a much higher price and the bus service is rubbish. It also didn’t feel like Disney to us.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Another positive post for CSR. It's a stunning resort and I wouldn't hesitate to go back there again. We stayed in September 2019 after the refurbishment, new bridges and tower all were completed.

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Another positive experience at CSR. We stayed in April 2019 in Casitas 2 and loved it so much that have booked to return the following year. That of course didn't happen but we'd love to go back at some point in the future. It's a beautiful resort and the rooms have been beautifully renovated to a really decent standard. I'm not a fan of the exterior of the tower, but the interior looks stunning and the new bridges certainly improve accessibility issues.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 21, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
I stayed there before the construction and loved it even then. Room location is important (we got one near the first bus stop and only a five min walk to the centre). Things may have changed since but I much preferred it over POR and would go back in a heartbeat.
Old 21 Jan 21, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

We stayed there during construction and it is a great resort. We were in Casitas 4 which was close to the excellent main pool and the first bus stop.

The buildings and landscaping is beautiful. The resort is big but it just means you can have a nice walk around. The bridges help shorten the distances.

The bus service was excellent. It does take a fair few minutes to go around the resort but the resort is in a great location and very close to HS / Epcot / B Beach. Magic Kingdom takes a while to get to but it does from everywhere except the resorts that are there. The buses were very regular.

Would stay there again definitely.
Jimsdadhalifax is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 21, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Fefster
Excited about Disney

Fave resort. Perfect for us as we like Epcot and HS. We stayed about as far away from El Centro as you can get and it was absolutely great. Buses were good and frequent. Really great resort with a special feel.
Fefster is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List