Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 29 Mar 20, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Por 2021?

So like many others, we've had to cancel our much awaited 15 night return trip to CSR this year. I'm starting to think about 2021 but feel like we have to 'mix it up' and stay elsewhere and do things a little differently (perhaps a split stay with Universal). I know this makes no sense, and we loved CSR last year, but it's now somehow 'tainted' by coronavirus for me

I've looked at all the moderates (unfortunately, I don't think we could afford deluxe any time soon) and I like the look of POR. I seem to recall it was renovated recently? if so, has the work been concluded? and what are the refurbished rooms like? I like the look of the resort, but some of the rooms I've seen looked a bit traditional and dark.

I'd be grateful for any recent photos, views and reviews. Thanks.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
meegraine
Serious Dibber

meegraine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Take a look on the unofficial resort guide to Port Orleans, they have the refurbishment schedule and how the refurbished rooms look at Riverside (both Mansion rooms and Bayou rooms) and the rooms at French Quarter portorleans/rehab.php

Next Trip: Canary Islands June, 2023
meegraine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 20, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by meegraine View Post
Take a look on the unofficial resort guide to Port Orleans, they have the refurbishment schedule and how the refurbished rooms look at Riverside (both Mansion rooms and Bayou rooms) and the rooms at French Quarter portorleans/rehab.php
Many thanks, I'll take a look.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by meegraine View Post
Don’t forget when things return to normal you may also get the chance to watch Yeehaw Bob in the bar playing the piano and singing and playing games with the guests. The carriage rides I really hope will return because the horses are beautiful and well cared for and the carriages are simply lovely. There are lots of pools to use and plenty of places to sunbathe or enjoy a cold drink in the shade and don’t forget the fishing hole catch and release of course. Lots of play areas for the kids too.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by wifey View Post
Don’t forget when things return to normal you may also get the chance to watch Yeehaw Bob in the bar playing the piano and singing and playing games with the guests. The carriage rides I really hope will return because the horses are beautiful and well cared for and the carriages are simply lovely. There are lots of pools to use and plenty of places to sunbathe or enjoy a cold drink in the shade and don’t forget the fishing hole catch and release of course. Lots of play areas for the kids too.
Thanks. The resort looks beautiful and I do really like the theming. I'm less keen on the rooms though; even the refurbished rooms look a little tired to me and very dark. I'm also not keen on the fact that there is only a curtain separating the room from the bathroom (CSR had a proper sliding door). Perhaps that's all in keeping with the character and theming, but I don't think it's for us.
Old 30 Mar 20, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I remember there being a proper door at POR to the bathroom, although I last stayed there in 2016
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Inky View Post
I remember there being a proper door at POR to the bathroom, although I last stayed there in 2016
It looks like there's a door to the shower/toilet, but only a curtain to the vanity area
Old 31 Mar 20, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

The rooms in French Quarter were not dark when we stayed in a garden view room back in 2009, it was lovely and bright. I would imagine the Alligator Bayou rooms may be darker than others up at Riverside though🥰
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
poppin
Getting Excited

Oh my this thread has took me straight back. We have always stayed here, in Mansions, bayou and French side. Rooms are dark but the grounds are amazing. Dreaming of that feeling going back to your room after a day at the park with a drink and snack in hand. 😀
poppin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
travelbug0456
Getting Excited

I have been lucky enough to stay in all disney resorts in Florida including villas and Riverside is still my favourite. Resorts like Polynesian, Yacht Club etc have extra facilities maybe but Riverside just has such a relaxed feel with beautiful grounds and lovely staff. The Bayou rooms are a bit darker but their proximity to main facilities is so worth the tradeoff of being a bit darker. We are never in the rooms long anyway. Its a cliche but in over 25 years of staying at WDW resorts,staying at Riverside always feels "like coming home" you will love it. We are at YC this november as had to move our June res due to virus worries and couldnt get Riverside but we are back at Riverside twice next year and can't wait.

Edited at 09:11 AM.
travelbug0456 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List