Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 13 Jun 20, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Maddox
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile Royal Caribbean CoCo Cay

Has anyone been on this cruise. I have booked for next July😁 any tips please let me know. Never cruised before so any general info would be great please. TIA
Maddox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkerBabe
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve been there when we sailed on Freedom of the Seas back in 2015. It was a fabulous day, we loved it. We actually didn’t do any of the excursions (parasailing, inflatables etc) because the snorkelling was quite good and the food and drinks were amazing, so we just took advantage of those! Would love to go back. Next year we will be visiting Carnival’s pei ate island as part of our itinerary, hope it lives up to Coco Cay 😊
Old 14 Jun 20, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We were there last year and due to go back in August 😥😥😥 Its a beautiful place. We paid for the waterpark $50 per person. When we go back I wouldn't pay it again. Its lovely but it's small. Nothing like Volcano Bay!..loads more on the island that's free to explore.
If you have the drinks package it covers the bars on the island. Lunch is bbq on the island. You are free to walk back to ship at anytime. Only 5 mins walk. We were on Mariner and the day we were there we were the only ship there. Any other qs just shout!
Old 14 Jun 20, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
caro
Excited about Disney

I'm thinking of booking for next October on Mariner of the seas. Going to do a sneaky half term trip as our August holiday this year has gone to the wall. Probably do 5 nights Universal, possibly MNSSHP (already purchased for this year so have the credit with ATD), then the 3 night cruise with Perfect Day.

Ciano - would you say paying for a cabana with waterpark included would be worth it?
caro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by caro View Post
I'm thinking of booking for next October on Mariner of the seas. Going to do a sneaky half term trip as our August holiday this year has gone to the wall. Probably do 5 nights Universal, possibly MNSSHP (already purchased for this year so have the credit with ATD), then the 3 night cruise with Perfect Day.

Ciano - would you say paying for a cabana with waterpark included would be worth it?
No Caro I wouldn't unless you got it for a bargain price as when we were going they were mad money or if you had plenty of money then I am sure it would be lovely. You can set up a base on any of the beaches. There was no shortage of seats when we were there.
Old 14 Jun 20, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Maddox

Originally Posted by Ciano View Post
We were there last year and due to go back in August 😥😥😥 Its a beautiful place. We paid for the waterpark $50 per person. When we go back I wouldn't pay it again. Its lovely but it's small. Nothing like Volcano Bay!..loads more on the island that's free to explore.
If you have the drinks package it covers the bars on the island. Lunch is bbq on the island. You are free to walk back to ship at anytime. Only 5 mins walk. We were on Mariner and the day we were there we were the only ship there. Any other qs just shout!

Was thinking that about the water park part, thanks for confirming, we can do one of the water parks in Orlando. Will use up our time on beach🙂 was going to get the drinks package for everyone is there anything else you add in on the ship..the extras? We are also going to Nassau for the day🙂
Maddox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Maddox

Just to add we are on Independent of the seas. Any tips at all would be great it's our 1st time cruising family of 5🙂 TIA

Edited at 07:21 PM.
Old 14 Jun 20, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
Ok Maddox a few tips :

1. Are the 5 of you in one room? Or 2 interconnecting? If one room, try to stretch for a balcony if possible.
2. Get the drinks package but watch the planner as the price fluctuates. Black Friday is meant to be best price. I don't know if I would get it for the kids though. You can take bottled water with the adults one so we would share them with the kids. Then at dinner if they wanted a diet coke we would just buy it but you know your own gang!
3. It's safer to book excursions with RC but again pricey. You don't need to book one at each stop though e.g. Nassau. You can walk from ship to main street in 5 mins. It is duty free shopping, I got my Pandora bracelet there. Also, as most people get off the ship and pools are really quiet.
4. The formal nights are not what they used to be but some people still go all out so make sure everyone has something really nice to get dressed up in. Their will be photographers outside the main dining room so lovely to get a family photo.
5. If the kids like clubs then they will love it. My 2 are like stick and plaster so never went to them but I would have felt comfortable leaving them there.
6. Room service is free! Just allocate a tip to the chap who brings it.
7. The leave the planner for the next day on your bed the night before. Read down thru it and highlight what you would like to do so you don't miss out on anything.
8. You can keep check of your bill on the TV. On the last night they just leave your receipt under the door unless you wish to pay cash.
9. Its just as addictive as Orlando. You can book your next cruise on board!

Hope that helps!
Old 14 Jun 20, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Maddox

Mobile

Ciano thank you so much..that is so helpful. My kids same all clingers ha..no matter where we go in the world or what's on offer they never go to kids clubs. I have 2 rooms not interconnecting though 😒 but next to each other. Thanks again so helpful🙂
Old 14 Jun 20, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Maddox

Mobile

Just screen shot all that so I will have it👍