Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 3 Jul 20, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
windsor_hills
Imagineer

Any orthodontists on here?

Hi.

DD has a problem with her braces. Her orthodontist installed 2 hooks to the teeth either side of her two front teeth (lateral incisor?) a few days ago (but there are no bands on them). They are incredibly sharp and one is so sharp it is cutting her mouth. She always expects some discomfort after each visit, but this is much more pain than usual due to the sharpness. We will of course call our orthodontist first thing on Monday morning when they are open. However I just wondered whether there were any orthodontists on here who could give some tips or advice On how we might be able to help her alleviate the pain to help get us over the weekend period please? The wax you can buy isn’t helping at all.

It’s going to be a long weekend.

Thanks in advance.

Edited at 08:12 PM.
windsor_hills is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 20, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Oh no you have me sympathies I remember having this exact problem with my daughter, she had the hooks fitted (further back than your daughters by the sounds of it )and then we went away for the weekend! Oh dear it was awful she was crying with them, using lumps of wax but was making no difference, but somehow within a few days they were ok? I hope this is the case for your daughter too, its hard for them but my now 17 year old has beautiful teeth. Good luck over the weekend x
Old 3 Jul 20, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We found Vaseline in a blob on the hook to save the gums catching on them worked better than the wax. We did find in a few days her mouth got used to the hooks. I’m not an orthodontist though just a parent! Sounds sore, hope she gets some relief.

Edited at 08:30 PM.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 20, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
windsor_hills
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jools1302 View Post
Oh no you have me sympathies I remember having this exact problem with my daughter, she had the hooks fitted (further back than your daughters by the sounds of it )and then we went away for the weekend! Oh dear it was awful she was crying with them, using lumps of wax but was making no difference, but somehow within a few days they were ok? I hope this is the case for your daughter too, its hard for them but my now 17 year old has beautiful teeth. Good luck over the weekend x
Thank you. I’m hoping based on your experience it actually gets better on its own, perhaps as she gets used to it. Fingers crossed.
windsor_hills is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I had hooks on my teeth. I found putting a bradasol between hook and cheek helped no end. Also ambesol was brill too.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 20, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

Have a chat to your local pharmacist - there are topical pain killers for mouth pain, I sympathise unless the hook is actually fitted wrong and sharp I suspect it’s something she’d need to battle through with pain killers and wax, they are a little less snaggy once they have the bands on them I found?
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List