Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 18 Nov 20, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Why so expensive for next year?

I've been browsing flights for next summer (not going...no way haha) and flights are reasonably price, but car hire is extortionate! £1600 for a tahoe or similar for 18 days.

Is this just because of covid, or a supply and demand thing?

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Theres a peak season surcharge in place for rentals that commence between 1st July to 15th August... The full size SUV has also jumped in price compared to the other vehicles so even more expensive unfortunately.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks Andy. I was looking at 18th August onwards, looked at flights to LAX aswell and they’re the same, £1500 upwards! Never paid anything like it, I know we’re in exceptional times but it seems excessive!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Deals do come up.
I’ve booked a Suburban for 14 nights from the 1st - 15th August for £640.
It’s with Thrifty but I can tolerate a trip to the desk for that saving.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
Thanks Andy. I was looking at 18th August onwards, looked at flights to LAX aswell and they’re the same, £1500 upwards! Never paid anything like it, I know we’re in exceptional times but it seems excessive!
Drop me a message with your dates and I'll check my offline system and see if there's any deals around.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Andy is spot on ref 'surge pricing dates' but what I will say is not only are deals out there but prices are falling across the board.

However it's a case of getting the car booked and as usual checking every 2 days or so.

I am changing my bookings all the time. I have 4 rentals but without fail I am saving at least £40 per week across them all and quite often more.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Car hire companies have suffered more than most, I know. Very badly hit businesses. When things get back to normal which I now think they’ll be by summer, they will want to cash in and rebuild their balance sheets as much as possible on what could be big demand.
Old 19 Nov 20, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Car hire companies have suffered more than most, I know. Very badly hit businesses. When things get back to normal which I now think they’ll be by summer, they will want to cash in and rebuild their balance sheets as much as possible on what could be big demand.
I think you are absolutely right on this - it's companies trying to recover the losses from 2020. Lets be honest 90% of people book flights and accommodation before even looking at car hire prices. They are effectively then trapped into paying the least they can even if its much higher than they'd like. If all companies hold prices high then the consumer in this case has a problem. Hopefully though economics and companies try to undercut each other to get the business leading to price drops.
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 20, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Looking for October next year for 3 weeks and that also seems expensive at the moment. Wish I had taken the deal with BA when I booked the flydrive.
Old 22 Nov 20, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Brennanhough
Excited about Disney

Booked my car hire today and thought the same.

Was expecting 300 ish and they were coming up at £550 for two weeks for a compact and at that price it was going to be Uber’s for us.

However, went through and I have absolutely no idea why, but a 50% off option came up meaning we got the car for £270 for two weeks in August. Don’t know what I did or how I did it but we’ve had the confirmation email showing the £270 cost so presume we are good to go.

Like I said, no promo codes or anything. It literally asked me to tick a box which I did and it took 50% off. Went back after and it had changed from 50% to 10% so don’t know if a glitch but I’ll have it 👍🏻
Brennanhough is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List